Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Attractors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Attractors

I have read a lot about Condos, bamboo, stake beds, brush piles, stick pots and crappie barrels. Is the theory behind all of these fish attractors to actually provide cover for the crappie or to provide cover for bait fish that the crappie dine on? Do crappie hide in the stake beds or do they just hang around the outside and pick off wandering bait fish?

Also, do many of you put out your own or do you just fish what you find?

Post Thanks / Like

The answers to the questions are yes, yes, yes & yes.
    They provide a food source for bait fish when the algae builds up. Some areas are so tight that they also provide cover for bait fish. Crappie use them for protection from other predators and use them to ambush bait fish. Sometimes the Crappie will be outside the condos and beds feeding if their food in the area. The most important thing to think about a condo is it provides a place for bait and crappie to congregate narrowing the amount of water you need to cover. I fish what ever I put in and what I can find.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Bio film grows on the structure and begins the food chain. It's like opening up a new grocery store.

All of our products are Made in the USA with all American made materials.
    Artificial fish habitat,crappie attractors and bass structure made from PVC.
    Numerous models of various sizes,textures and shapes for fry to lunkers.
    Mention Crappie.com with your order for 10% off!!
    Fishiding.com Structurespot.com