Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 4 quick trips so far

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 quick trips so far

Hi all, some fun trips so far this new year. Only a few crappie though. Almost all knifedullers. 4 just just shy of master anglers on the bluegill. Nothing on minnows this year..........all waxworm/teardrop combos. Black with chartruse dot was the one that did not have to be baited to catch them consistently one trip. The problem is we only had one and it got snapped off in a fish and we did not mark which one before cleaning. All fish were right at the bottom in about 5-7 fow.
    [[]ATTACH]ATTACH]53403[/ATTACH534Name:  bb.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  130.1 KB01[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice bluegill, glad that you found time to make it out this year. I always started out my first couple trips with a black with the chartruese dot, or a white dot, for Crappie. It seemed that, that was the prefered color to start with and then later it turned to Chartruese, White, and Reds. If I was targeting Bluegills I would use one with a little red dot on it or I would add a dot with fingernail polish. Bluegills love to have a little Red in their baits. Good Fishing to Ya. Wishing I could be out there with ya. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p