Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie derby 1/29/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie derby 1/29/11

there is a crappie derby at whitney point resevior saturday jan 29.
    Crappie Derby - About The Crappie
    I only fish on days that start with T, like tuesday, thursday, today, and tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I only fish on days that start with T, like tuesday, thursday, today, and tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

So, did you enter the derby? Catch anything? Photos?!

I'm slowly putting together hard water equipment, and maybe next season I'll give the Whitney Point derby a shot

Post Thanks / Like

no i dont have any ice fishing equiptment just thought i would let people know, i actualy went to the cabelas store in pa that day the store is amazing and well worth a stop if you go near it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike315 View Post
    i actualy went to the cabelas store in pa that day the store is amazing and well worth a stop if you go near it.
    I've heard about it , but have never been. Definitely on my bucket list. In the mean time, I have to settle for spending as much time as I can at our local BassPro.

I just picked up a used shanty, but its full of ice and snow and I don't know what condition the canvas is in. I have a hand auger. Now I need to pick up a jigging rod and a couple tip-ups, and I'll be ready for next winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Haa, Thats just a start, Welcome to your new addiction !! You'll see after a while, You'll always need something! Auger? To much work, need a power one. Jigs/ never enough. Rods, Reels, and the best electronics !! If you need help I will be more than happy to help you spend your money on things you do/don't need or think you may need.....Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I think its a fishing addiction, i am spending more right now and not even fishing, i got two new gps/fish finders. and this weekend i am going to bass pro and and buy a power pole anchor system for the boat. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that bait monkey stays on your back pretty much year-round. Mine only takes a break for a little while as we head into late fall and I start chasing things with fur and feathers