Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veterans

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Veterans

As I travel and do my job, my entertainment is to read. Every once in a while I come across something that is above the rest and is worth repeating.
    Every Veterans day I look for something to honor those that have given all, as I'm not that well spoken to get my thoughts across. This was written by an English poet named Laurence Binyon and though it might be moved, thought I would pass it along.

They shall not grow old,
    as we that are left to grow old
    Age shall not weary them,
    Nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun,
    and in the morning,
    We will remember them.

Thanks to all our Veterans.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

LIke that, Skeet , more people need to remember and learn ,
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    As I travel and do my job, my entertainment is to read. Every once in a while I come across something that is above the rest and is worth repeating.
    Every Veterans day I look for something to honor those that have given all, as I'm not that well spoken to get my thoughts across. This was written by an English poet named Laurence Binyon and though it might be moved, thought I would pass it along.

They shall not grow old,
    as we that are left to grow old
    Age shall not weary them,
    Nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun,
    and in the morning,
    We will remember them.

Thanks to all our Veterans.
    Thanks skeet,
    I'm the same way i have the thoughts in my head but just can't make it come out right. My dad served in Vietnam and he still has some tough times with the memories of that war. He really never talks that much about it, but a couple of years ago we were fishing on Reelfoot and he started talking about it and I can't believe what he went through. I really think it made him feel good to talk about it with me. It just goes to show you the time you spend on the water is not all about fishing. Thanks for posting skeet.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

hey crappie4me2 I know what hes going though been there and still doing that. Not from vietnam but from the big sandbox they call iraq. It takes time. I was there 3 times..
    Hey skeet I like it..

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Skeet, there never is a wrong time to honor the brave men and women who have served and are still serving their Country. I always enjoy posts about our service people whither past or present. I live in a retirement neighborhood and have several Veterans for neighbors. They have been in every skirmish including WWII. Some talk about their experiences, and some don't. The ones that talk about their experiences haven't been in the really hard fought battles it seems. The ones that were in the close combat fights, are the ones that don't like to talk about them, because it makes them re-live them all over again. This is just my view on it. Great post. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PBUG2009 View Post
    hey crappie4me2 I know what hes going though been there and still doing that. Not from vietnam but from the big sandbox they call iraq. It takes time. I was there 3 times..
    Hey skeet I like it..
    PBUG2009,
    We are very blessed to have folks like you and my dad who have fought for our freedoms!! We need to thank you folks everyday!! There was a song out several years ago by Billy Ray Cryus (Some Gave All and All Gave Some) It has the words that I feel in my heart for you folks. Thank you and All for your service to our Country. I'll keep you all in my prayers!!
    God Bless,
    Lynn

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Myself i like the song and its true..My little brother getting ready to go on his 6th time over i believe it is. They call it a war when your there. But the battle doesnt start till your home, and you fight the constant war everyday upstairs..

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. All gave some. Some gave all.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I will not take away ANY credit or slight anyone whom served at all, am not saying being a dental tech is normally a life threatening MOS, but there are more than afew MOS`s that are almost as dangerous as combat, and that are performed literally 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 says a yr; as type this and you read it somewhere in the world there are at least 3 aircraft carriers steaming the oceans, launching and recovering their planes, generally in localities most sane tourists wouldn`t consider wanting to go; on many of them the flight deck is commonly called "the Dragon". OSHA rates working there as the 6th most hazardous "common?" work place. Rightfully so that when a crisis erupts in some God forsaken far away region generally the third question our leaders ask is "How far away is the nearest carrier?" 4 1/2 acres of soveriegn US of A territory, 98,000 tons and 90+ warplanes moving at upto 33+ knots towards the danger zone when everyone else with any sense is heading the OPPOSITE direction as fast as they can; power projection and THEN some. Been there, done that, again, not slighting anyone else, simply remember an ancient senior chief petty officer putting on his gear, and laughing as the weather raged on a very dark night taunting us young men about " Remember boys, be safe; don`t feed the Dragon tonight..." even with an all volunteer military and very seasoned leadership and supervision the average age there is 19 1/2...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast