Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ticked off on the lake

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Ticked off on the lake

Is it just me? What tick you off on the lake while fishing? What pushes your buttons? Do you think there are certain rules a crappie fisherman should not break? Example: Just messing the spot all up for the next guy.....they decide they are done so starting big motor up in shallow water while you still fishing the hole. No respect he could have just troll away a little then fired it up. Maybe if I hear what ticks you off; it will make me aware of it when I'm on the water so i don't do it to you. I know there's a lot more, so let get them out before spring!!!!
    Thanks guys
    Good fishing
    "Choices you make dictates the life you live"

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest ones for me are with recreational boaters or jetskiers not slowing down or going wide around where I am. Another big one is insisting that what you are doing is the only way to fish that water, if you want to give tips on what works for you fine but dont try and force them on me.
    I only fish on days that start with T, like tuesday, thursday, today, and tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

X2...you hit the nail on the head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterjt View Post
    Is it just me? What tick you off on the lake while fishing? What pushes your buttons? Do you think there are certain rules a crappie fisherman should not break? Example: Just messing the spot all up for the next guy.....they decide they are done so starting big motor up in shallow water while you still fishing the hole. No respect he could have just troll away a little then fired it up. Maybe if I hear what ticks you off; it will make me aware of it when I'm on the water so i don't do it to you. I know there's a lot more, so let get them out before spring!!!!
    Thanks guys
    Good fishing
    X2...that really ticks me off too.

Post Thanks / Like

Awhile back, something like a crappie fisherman's code of conduct was proposed. There was a lot of back and forth and to tell the truth I don't know what came of it all. No exactly what you are talking about, but some of the things other folks do (including crappie fisherman) did apply to the code. I know, I should include fisherwomen too, so consider it done.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you could get rid of the pleasure boaters and jet skis flying around the lake (or talk some sense into them), and slow the bass boats down, all that you'd need is to teach folks not to come plowing into the middle of diving birds and spook all the fish off.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like gettin crowded and got no use for jet skis at all. What really makes me mad is when boaters come off plane to go by me but don't slow down to a "no wake" speed---when they come off plane they make a BIGGER wake than if they went rolling by at wide open throttle---either slow to no wake or keep on rollin and just get away from me quicker. The wake boats are the worst, fast or slow they just make a huge wave.

Other fisherman never really bother me much, its the ski trash and pleasure boaters, aka gas wasters.
    Cumberland Crappie LLC
    Rod Holders, Double Seat Mounts and other Accessories
    http://www.cumberlandcrappie.com
    Phone (606) 425-7151
    Poplar Lures Pro Staff
    http://www.poplarlures.com

Post Thanks / Like

it makes me mad when the lake is very small, and really doesnt need to have skiers on it, but yet there are tons of skiers on it, and all they have room to do is circles so its just a constant wave of wakes.

another thing is when bigger boats (im not talking huge boats just large bass boats etc)
    drive by smaller john boats like they are better than them. in my mind give the smaller boat more room. if i see a canoe or small john boat i make sure to go way around them and go slow so i dont send a wake their way. But since my boat is only 16' and not wide, its annoying when bigger boats zoom by real close, tossing me side to side.

Post Thanks / Like

My own pet peeves are #1 LITTERERS ! Someone (ANYONE!) whom feels "Well, my tax dollars that don`t want to pay in the 1st place pay for this place, SO will just throw litter and beer cans and tangled fishing line and barrels of toxic wasteand what ever ELSE don`t feel like lugging back home or to the nearest trash can!" #2- power boaters and jet-skiers whom again feel that since can afford the registration fees and fuel to put it on a body of water, ALL common sense and courtesy is automatically pitched overboard along with the litter (see #1), and the craft is brought as close to light speed as fast and as recklessly as is mechanically possible; "we are out to have SOME FUN regardless of whom gets rocked, swamped, or flat run down! No wake zones, fishermen and sailboaters beware!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

1. People who take over their limit and/or more than they'll ever need. Like getting a limit going home and back in 30 mins. to take another limit for as long as they can, day after day.

2. Littering. There is no excuse. If you litter you are lazy ignorant trash The ramp at the Wabash river looks like the city dump in the summer, all under the "$100 fine for littering" sign. As long as littering laws are not enforced the problem won't go away.

3. Profanity and loud talkers. Nothing like taking my kids out and dealing with loud drunks swearing like sailors non-stop. Politely ask them to stop; "*-*** *-hole, ha, ha come make me" what do you do ? :rolleyes: or loudly talking the whole time about everything but fishing.

4. Leaving fish to die. Freshwater Drums are native to all waters and are not even related to carp or suckers. Yet I see people leave them to die on the bank beacuse their "trash" fish.

5.Lack of respect . This covers all else and all the above, big boats that blow by my 10' jon . Peolpe who cast in my spot as soon as my line leaves the water. People who block my truck/tralier in so I can't get my boat out. People who fish or camp on small ramps, and won't move to let you put in or out. and so on...

6. Ignorance. People who don't know a carp from a drum or a wallye from a pike. They will swear that it's a "White Drum Perch, got to thin them out" Or kill Bowfin or Gars cause, " they eat all the bass, got to kill 'em all " Everyones a biologist I guess :rolleyes:

I feel better now, always good to vent. :rolleyes: -Thanks
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-23-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast