Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling motor/fish finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling motor/fish finder

i have been looking at replacing my trolling motor and started researching the i pilot looks awsome, I was checking on the main board on it and really didnt get a solid answer on putting the fish finder trasducer on it, because i guess there were problems at the beginning.I read from page 1 to 25 and no some of you have this motor do you have your fish finders hooked to it and if so how? and i guess the obvious question would be how do you like the i pilot.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mixed emotions about the 'ducer on the tm. I still get interference...but I admit I havent tried all the options for getting rid of it. As far mas the I-pilot...I longline and spider rig and think MinnKota has a winner. It's definitely the cream of the crop.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I am also looking to upgrade. As far as hooking the fish finder to it you just buy the jumper cable that goes from Minn Kota to your fish finder! Would love to hear some feedback. I was also thinking of the I Pilot!

Post Thanks / Like

I have run the minnkota terrova with us2 and had a lot of problems with a humminbird 777, nothing I could do to get rid of the noise, well nothing I could do till I talked to a guy who had the same problem, swithced brands of depth/locators units and problem went away. some of the guys put a small bit of wood between the motor and the transducer is it is not a us2(universall sonar two) and run the wire up the groove in the motor. all in all it will work fine, should be no problems at all adding a transducer to the trolling motor