Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today is the Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Today is the Day!

Alright Guys, Today I am launching a new website for tournament fishermen. The site basically lets tournament organizers list their tournaments on the site and accept online payment and registration. As anglers register for the site, they can choose to recieve automatic notification everytime a new tournament is listed, a link will be included in the email that will take them to the tournament listing where they can register, sign up, pay, the whole nine yards. Tournament organizers can list their tournaments for free!! the site adds $5.00 to the entry fee to cover credit card transaction fees. Pretty simple. Check it out, sign up, we'll see what happends. I have some minor work to do on content yet but all the functions work. Tournament organizers, click on "List Tournament" for a brief description of how the site works for you. Angler's, click "Angler Login" to set up an account. Using your crappie.com id would be cool so we could keep track of "the locals" Check it out guys and tell me what you think. Give me some ideas. We'll see what happends!

www.anglertournaments.com

Post Thanks / Like

Site looks great, Smart move!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. Have you posted this on Bassboatcentral.com? I think that's going to be a place to get some real exposure for your site.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll do that, Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Also is paypal going to be an option for payments. I prefer that when available, and I know that Crappie Masters uses it.

Post Thanks / Like

ALL payments go through paypal. Anglers can use their paypal account or pay by credit card through paypal. The site automatically sends the funds to the tournament organizers paypal account, there is no transaction fee to do this and that is why a tournament organizer can list their tournament for free! It is also the most secure method I could find. I have seen some tournament sites that simply have you put your credit card info on a form and click submit, that scares me! I need to add a paypal logo to the site, thanks for reminding me.

Post Thanks / Like

To help me get the site off the ground, I was thinking about sponsoring a tournament. If some of you CDC pro's want to put something together, list it on the site, I would put $500 added money into the pot, and promote the crap out it! Just a thought!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ttwoods View Post
    To help me get the site off the ground, I was thinking about sponsoring a tournament. If some of you CDC pro's want to put something together, list it on the site, I would put $500 added money into the pot, and promote the crap out it! Just a thought!
    That's a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Great concept,i remember talking to you about it several months ago and like i said then i think it will go over great.....congrats on getting it off the ground it's just too bad you had to pick that rough lookin feller to hold the crappieI'll be happy to get involved with a tournament that would get you up and runnin,if you plan on sponsoring it what lake,date etc would you like to have it?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the use of your pic bugs! I think it would be neat to have a tournament on LOZ, mainly because I live here and would be able to promote it better, (being able to fish it wouldnt be bad either). Im pretty open on a date, preferably before the baby Titanic boats get too busy. I also thought it would be nice to give a little cut to CDC, I have gotten a lot of information off of here over the years and met some neat people. Just a thought. What do some of you guys think as far as a date, location, Etc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast