Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flooring Options for aluminum boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flooring Options for aluminum boat

Anyone did anthing special with the flooring in an aluminum boat? I have a 14', 72" wide across the top, aluminum boat that I am going to put a floor in. Looking for ideas different than a wood floor. Any ideas, pics?
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Well....er....um....you could try aluminum. Know a guy over in Eva, AL that could prolly hook you up with some.

Other than that, you could try some sheet rock and mud tape. Prolly look real good as long as you don't walk on it or get the boat wet.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callshy View Post
    Anyone did anthing special with the flooring in an aluminum boat? I have a 14', 72" wide across the top, aluminum boat that I am going to put a floor in. Looking for ideas different than a wood floor. Any ideas, pics?
    I would go with aluminum.

I sent ya 2 e-mails, how come no reply?
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Second that Aluminum floor. Just add enough support to hold up floor as it will need some support or it will bend. Some small boat companies and weld shops do custom work like that. My friends at http://www.legendcraft.com/ do alot of custom work even on other brands of Aluminum boats.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    Well....er....um....you could try aluminum. Know a guy over in Eva, AL that could prolly hook you up with some.

Other than that, you could try some sheet rock and mud tape. Prolly look real good as long as you don't walk on it or get the boat wet.

Wannabe...
    Blah, blah, yah, hah... Tired of messing with aluminum, looking for a different, lighter, less expensve, easier, etc. idea
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

go with the spray in bed liner, you can get it in colors. non slip,noise cancelling, easy clean up, chemical resistant.

Post Thanks / Like

put down some styrofoam and glue fiberglass rv siding sheet to it and the stringers/ribs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaw View Post
    put down some styrofoam and glue fiberglass rv siding sheet to it and the stringers/ribs.
    Thats an excellent idea you could even use like 0.050 aluminum over it . How do you think the styrofoam would hold up to water? With the styrofoam maybe a light guage aluminum tread plate. You know the stuff with the raised diamonds. You could put styrofoam inbetween ribs and pop rivet the plate to topside of ribs.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have some closed cell foam like in treestand seats from my treestand building days.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

white eps or blue extruded would work. the blue is 2lbs pcf density and would be stiffer. you could actually epoxy the foam to the floor.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast