Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vilage creek st park?

Post Thanks / Like

Default vilage creek st park?

just was wondering has anyone fished, i believe there are 2 lakes at that park. im going camping around march 13th and was wondering if the fishing at these lakes are any good and if anyone knows any pointers about either one any help would be appreciated, crappie fishing thanks

Post Thanks / Like

There are two lakes there and the fishing can be good at times.

They also have some big green carp in them.

Post Thanks / Like

What are "big green" carp?

Post Thanks / Like

i thinks he means mr largemouth bass

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is Lake Austell that is stocked with Florida hybrid bass. I know of several 10 pound plus bass coming out of these lakes. Lake Dunn has big bream and catfish. Both lakes have large cats. I have never fished them. They are trolling motor only lakes. There are nice camp grounds. Nice cabins can be rented too.

Now that you know the names of these lakes,maybe you can do a search on them.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks again Rusty, man if they have those big of monsters in there instead of crappie fishing might hafta break out my bass gear, i will do a search of those 2 lakes, have u heard about the crappie in any of those lakes?

Post Thanks / Like

No crappie that I know of. I do know Lake Poinsette has them.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdemcrappies
    thanks again Rusty, man if they have those big of monsters in there instead of crappie fishing might hafta break out my bass gear, i will do a search of those 2 lakes, have u heard about the crappie in any of those lakes?

Post Thanks / Like

They both have crappie and bass. Austell has had multiple 10 plus bass come out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

yea did a search sounds like mostly an awesome bass lakes dunno, will be in that area lookin for some good crappie waters, lake poinsetta is about 30 mins away from wynne i think, can u rent a boat at poinsetta and what type of structure like cypress trees buck brush etc at poinsetta?

Post Thanks / Like

Back in January I was putting together a trip to Arkansas for April and ended up deciding to concentrate on this area. I called and reseved a cabin at village creek. They were very friendly. I cant find a whole lot on Austell and Dunn but what I did find seemed to indicate both were good fishing lakes for crappie, bream, and bass. We are going to use this as our base location and then travel out to Midway, Storm Creek, Bear Creek, and maybe Old Town. But who knows, if we hit the fish at one lake we may just stick with it. My hope is that Midway will be right with the water level. I think it has some of the best potential, along with old town, of producing the larger crappie. There doesnt seem to be alot of people here that have commented on their personal experience at Austell and Dunn although a couple of guys were great about offering advice...CEB is one of them...you might PM him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast