Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Tournament Help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Tournament Help!!!

Guys I hate making this my first post, but someone reffered me here for some help.
    I am wanting to put together a crappie tournament for my son's baseball team (11u Lebanon Baseball). I have never done anything like this. I haven't even ever fished in a tournament so I have no idea what I am getting into. I am wanting to try to do the tournament either the 19th or 26th of March. I was thinking about doing the tournament at Larry Gale boat launch on Lake of the Ozarks. Do I need to get any kind of permission to setup there? I am thinking like $100 per team with 50 or 60 percent payout. Like I said I have no Idea what I am getting into any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

well welcome to the board, hope you stay arround after the tournament deal is over with, I can not help you. there are several on here who put on tournaments, maby they will chime in, I do know it can be complated with scales, weigh in procedure,and launching, lots of varables to consider, good luck sir.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing to keep in mind: you will need a Regatta Permit from the Water Patrol...right Alex?! They turn these around pretty quick, but once you have selected your dates and locations get it in to increase the likelihood of it getting approved for your preferred location. The link is: http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSH...ventPermit.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest getting with Jason Starnes there in Lebanon at Larry's Barber shop. He puts on a yearly crappie tournament and im sure would be glad to give you some pointers.