Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why we are here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is why we are here!

I have been a member of the crappie forum for several years now. I live in Kentucky and principally fish on Reelfoot. As such, I post on the Tennessee forum more than Kentucky. I was reading a post today and it so impressed me that I felt that I should bring attention to it.

"Hi J.T.,

Yea, I need to and plan on being on here more often. I use to run the forums on Kentuckylake.com and then they had issues. They have been down for months. I really hate it because we use to have good discussions on there. But I don't run the site and have no control over it. I do keep an eye out on explorekentuckylake.com. Shawn who runs that site is a great guy. I believe activity there is building but for crappie this is the place.

I like helping first timers coming to the lake. I had a guy call me Friday that simply wanted advise. We were on the phone for almost an hour. Now he is probably going to hire me. And truthfully, if he doesn't thats fine too. I hate it when people come to the lake for the first time and have a lousy time. Then they tell everyone how terrible Kentucky lake is which is furtherst from the truth. But we have all been first-timers to lakes and had lousy times. Then we develop the idea the lake is simply no good. While fishing the tournament trail my partner always compared the lakes we fished to Kentucky Lake and he then didn't like most lakes we fished. I told him time and again that knowing where and when to fish on the other lakes makes the difference. Locals swear by those lakes because they know those lakes, just like we know Kentucky Lake.

So I do my best to see peopke don't come down blind. I can't make them bite and I can't assure the people always fish at the right depth or speed but I can at least get them started off on the right foot. Are you staying at the Moors again? I will likely be on the water alot during the time prior to your trip. I don't know if I will be up around the Moors much but feel free to call me and I will update you on my success. Some of my biggest fish came from Bear last year so I may fish it more this spring.

I look forward to talking to you on here this spring!

Old Guide (Lyndon)"

I don't know Old Guide, we've never met, but I sure would like to meet him. In my opinion this is exactly how we should use this forum. This is what I love about this extended family. People sincerely want to help others, not ridicule them. People truly appreciate the honest help. I get calls and emails constantly from people coming who just want a little help getting started. He is right, I also have been able to pick up some guiding just from trying to be kind to people. I use a couple of other forums during hunting season as a way to manage some hunting leases and I can tell you that other forums are not nearly as kind to newcomers.

Old Guide, hat's off to you. This spirit is exactly how Jesus called us to live our lives.

May the Lord Bless your life this year and protect you and your family.

Rushcreekoutdoor
    Rick Major

Post Thanks / Like

If you will check out all the state forums you will see that is what the majority of us on here do. None of us like to see a visitor to our state, no matter which one, not have a great time while here fishing. Most of us on the Mississippi board will go out of our way to help folks. Some of our guys have even gone as far as to take some fishing that were comiong down for a family visit and didnt want to drag their boat. Just start readin and you will find what you have posted happens here alot more than you know!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

satdoc is exactly right.......here in Mississippi we will treat you so many ways that your bound to like one of them. A great bunch of folks on C.c......I have learned a lot from them and made lots of friendships.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, shucks. Ya'll making me blush now.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff, guys.

Post Thanks / Like

This is where it's at ;I love this site, once was a Guppy then a keeper; soon to be a crappie killer of something. I enjoy learning from other and helping someone out with what I know.Wish i could have found this place a long time ago. It feel like family.
    "Choices you make dictates the life you live"

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been on here very long, have already learned 100 fold what, I could have learned on my own and have met some great people. This is what it is all about!

Post Thanks / Like

Agree 125%! Thank you to the MANY good people here at Crappie.com and to Slab...pay it forward...

Post Thanks / Like

Ive learned alot here also. seen some things that made me scratch my head. But a few of these guys showed me why and helped me understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, I started off strictly as an observer, then finally joined so I could ask a few more specific questions. You learn so much so quick that you want to help people who are in the same boat as you were before you found this site. How this site is run and the people on it definitely makes a difference.

I used to look at other sites but they were fussing back & forth so much that I finally quit going there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast