Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Road kill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Road kill

I read this tip in a magazine a few years ago, and was wondering if anyone has ever done it.
    the tip said to get some form of road kill, and hang it in a tree that is in the water. then maggots will begin to live on the body, and slowly fall into the water attracting fish at a slow constant rate.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds funny but it just might work. Don't know if I would go around collecting roadkill to try and catch a few more fish. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Post Thanks / Like

if i remember right i think it was based more for catfishermen, the maggots would bring in bait fish, and the cat fish would come in for the bait fish.
    but it should work for just about any species. it sounds like a good way to create a honey hole. but i dont know if i would go through the trouble either.

Post Thanks / Like

we have taken dead chickens and put them in a onion sack above the shallow water and did this...When we would bank fish near it we would just hit the limb it was tied to and they would hit the top of the water. And the blue gill bass, crappie would hit them instantly...So it does work

Post Thanks / Like

That's a new way of chummin'-never heard that one before but I guess it could work!

Post Thanks / Like

Today is a good day, I learned a new trick. I hid a road killed skunk in my co-workers spare tire on a ford ranger once, but I wouldn't hang one where I planned to fish!!!
    Fear God, Love your neighbor, Catch fish!
    Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

I get my maggots the old fashioned way: I have Fedex bring them to me. :D
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good idea, in theory. I think I'll leave this one up to you guys, though.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Read where it works great for gill fishing. If you do this be sure your roadkill is DOWNWIND!:D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

it would take a big branch to hang an Elk
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast