Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 6/1 spiderwire

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6/1 spiderwire

I was picking through the sale items at Wal-Mart last night and came across some 6/1 spiderwire braid for $5. I bought it, but haven't spooled it yet. Up to now the smallest I've seen was 10/2, have any of you tried the really small stuff yet?
    www.varsitymrtg.com the #1 source for Fisherman's home financing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Johnny .......

Quote Originally Posted by rockjawjohnny
    I was picking through the sale items at Wal-Mart last night and came across some 6/1 spiderwire braid for $5. I bought it, but haven't spooled it yet. Up to now the smallest I've seen was 10/2, have any of you tried the really small stuff yet?
    Smallest braid I've fished with is PowerPro 8/1 ..... it's like fishing with sewing thread, just a whole lot stronger Just be sure and leave some old mono on the reel, and tie your Spiderwire 6/1 to it, then finish filling up the reel. This keeps the braid from spinning around on the reel's line arbor ... and saves you from having to fill the reel with just the braid. You really shouldn't need more than 40-50yds of braid, to finish filling your reel. Unless you are using it to troll with, you probably won't be using that much line (casting out or other methods). ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6/1 spider wire

Great stuff, but hard to see and tie at my advanced age, tie about a 5 ft lnght of either mono or flouro to it, and keep checking for wind knots, common with that stle and size of line, also heres a tip, if you wear a watch with an wexpansion band, be carefull, that line has an affinity for watch bands, i'm not kidding

Post Thanks / Like

I use it and love it. I got the hi-vis yellow and can see it in the dark. No twists. Casts smooth and strong as iron.
    Last edited by smedley; 02-22-2006 at 09:01 AM.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have used it and it will not let you down, the only bad thing is tying those darn knots. Good luck and "YES" that was a good buy.

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

I think between Smedley and myself, we have probably bought out all the stealth in the three walmarts around us. I bought some more just yesterday, they keep putting it out, so I must buy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I'm going back to get the rest.
    www.varsitymrtg.com the #1 source for Fisherman's home financing.

Post Thanks / Like

Load up rock jaw.....I keep all the extra line I've bought in a ziploc bag so the air doesn't get to it. 3 or 4 spools of that stuff and you should have enough for the whole season at least...BTW Larry, I hit 5 Wally Worlds, Temple, Belton, Heights, Killeen, and Cove:D :D :D I bought almost all of the roadrunners and the stealth
    Last edited by smedley; 02-22-2006 at 09:06 AM.
    Scott