Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My First BIG_N

Post Thanks / Like

Default My First BIG_N

Hi Peeps!

I finally caught a Big-n Well it's a Big-n in my eyes anyway :D 2lb.5oz White Sac-A-Lait. The only problem is, I can't catch more then 2 or 3 a day and they generally run about 1lb What am I doing wrong
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!!!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Wrong ??

Well, Beth ..... the only thing I can see that you are "doing wrong", is you are putting the fish in an aquarium full of water -- rather than a iron skillet full of hot grease ....... :D

Seriously though ..... I don't know that you are doing ANYTHING wrong. A couple of 1lb Crappie, on any trip, is a successful trip ... IMHO ! I'll assume that you're in Louisiana (or near it) ... since you called them Sac-a-lait. Tell us what waters you're fishing, and how & what with .... should be some local boys/girls on here, that can offer you some suggestions on how to increase your "numbers". ....... luck2ya ...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

So when you have a hankerin for some crappie do you just net a few out of the tank? That's what I call fresh fish!!!!! Nice Beth. Everything looks fine to me...Smedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

That's a dandy white.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Beth can you post about your tank that are holding the fish I would like to know how long some of them have been in there and what up keep there is to the tank Thanks Big George

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome tank. Someday I'd like to build a place with a walltank and fill it full of big crappie.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish and tank!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the abrupt departure this morning...... the Sac-A-Lait were calling my name

Thanks Hot Spot

Hi Crappie Pappy.....

Well, Beth ..... the only thing I can see that you are "doing wrong", is you are putting the fish in an aquarium full of water -- rather than a iron skillet full of hot grease .......
    Believe it or not......... a few do make it to the hot skillet..... I'm not really that much into eating fish... but I do find that crappie and red fish are pretty good tasting fish

Seriously though ..... I don't know that you are doing ANYTHING wrong. A couple of 1lb Crappie, on any trip, is a successful trip ... IMHO !
    I found a little structure in a pond that I can only seem to find 2 or 3 in daily
    sometimes twice a day morning and evening.

I'll assume that you're in Louisiana (or near it) ... since you called them Sac-a-lait.
    You assumed right Destrehan just west of The Big Easy...

Tell us what waters you're fishing, and how & what with .... should be some local boys/girls on here, that can offer you some suggestions on how to increase your "numbers".
    Well..... I spend ALOT of time in the Bonnet Carrie Spillway and a private pond in Laplace LA a little east from Destrehan. I've tried several different jigs, live minnows, grass shrimp and night crawlers. Yesterday I caught 5... 4 on night crawlers...... and 1 I hooked in the belly shhhhh... don't tell anyone :D

After I posted this morning, I went out to the to the same spot I fished yesterday and caught 2 more white crappie.... probably a little over 1lb and just under 2lbs and I also caught a hybrid white bass...... The crappie were caught on live minnows and the bass on a night crawler. I'll take a couple of pics shortly

Hi Smedley
    So when you have a hankerin for some crappie do you just net a few out of the tank? That's what I call fresh fish!!!!! Nice Beth. Everything looks fine to me...Smedley
    lol!!! I haven't quite brought myself to do that yet....
    Thanks

Hi Reelfun.....
    That's a dandy white.
    Thanks

Hi There Big George.....
    Hey Beth can you post about your tank that are holding the fish I would like to know how long some of them have been in there and what up keep there is to the tank
    Well George........ I went out fishing about 4 1/2 months ago and thought those crappie were kinda cool looking and I didn't really feel like cleaning them ........soooooo .... I decided to just throw them in the tank. I do water changes 30% to 50% 2 to 3 times a week. Something I've come acustom to after raising and breeding tropical fish for awhile. The reason for all the wc's are there are now 16 crappie 3 striped sleeper gobies 1 channel catfish 3 longear perch and 1 pleco in the tank..... The way I feed these guys (very heavy ) they poop a bunch.... I want to keep the nitrates down to a minimum. The tank is 150 gals. I don't use the heaters at all. I have 2 Aqua Clear 500 hob (hang on back) filters. I use water straight from the tap.... ph is about 7..... hmmmm what else ..... I used pool filter sand for the substrate the driftwood came from my fishing holes along with most of the plants. I can't think of anything else... if you have any other questions about it ... I'll try to answer them here

Hi Griz
    Awesome tank. Someday I'd like to build a place with a walltank and fill it full of big crappie.
    Thanks

Thanks Again Everyone
    Beth..... the crappie queen wannabe

Post Thanks / Like

For You Big George
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast