PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Cranks success

crappiencali
02-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Went out to a new fishing hole today and decided to troll cranks. We did well, caught a little bit of everything. Some nice crappie, 1 19" raindow trout, 1 small mouth and 4 large mouths. Can't wait to go again. That was fun, minus the 39* temp today.

Big George
02-21-2006, 03:55 AM
Trolling cranks is very fun especially for someone that just likes to catch fish wait till ya hook up a big channel or blue on light line !!!! Pulling jigs I think will catch more crappies or at least it does here in Oklahoma you can ruin someone quickly if they have never trolled jigs and ya get into them and have several poles go down with doubles on

crappiencali
02-21-2006, 07:48 AM
I tried pulling jigs during the morning and caught 2 fish. We had a bad cold front come in and messed everything up. Plan on pulling jigs starting the middle of next month.

ReelFun
02-21-2006, 08:11 AM
I tried pulling jigs during the morning and caught 2 fish. We had a bad cold front come in and messed everything up. Plan on pulling jigs starting the middle of next month.

Glad everything went well. I wanted to try it this past weekend but I was fishing in 3-4' of water and didn't want to risk hang ups.