Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: underwater camera?

Post Thanks / Like

Default underwater camera?

used an underwater camera for the first time today. we saw a lot of fish and had a blast with the thing but i have one question to anyone who has experimented with one. do these cameras spook the fish? after we used the camera on a brush pile, we didn't catch another fish off of it. i really enjoyed watching the fish relate to the structure but i sure would rather catch them. thanks for any info.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Underwater cams......

Quote Originally Posted by adamr
    used an underwater camera for the first time today. we saw a lot of fish and had a blast with the thing but i have one question to anyone who has experimented with one. do these cameras spook the fish? after we used the camera on a brush pile, we didn't catch another fish off of it. i really enjoyed watching the fish relate to the structure but i sure would rather catch them. thanks for any info.

Hello, adamr.........for more info on cams, search the threads pages on the "Main Crappie fishing Forum" and the "Louisiana Crappie" state board. I know one guy in my state that uses an Aqua-Vu, and he is more consistent in catching crappie than anyone I know. He posts as "Tommy", and he may be willing to give you some tips concerning the use of the cams. I'm working on getting one myself after seeing his success. Good Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish shaped and camo underwater cameras

Not sure but I did notice that in the new Bass Pro Shops catalog they they have some units that have the underwater camera shaped like a fish. Maybe that is because they are trying not to frighten the real fish with a big underwater metal housing for the camera. Check out the BPS catalog and you will see what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by adamr
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Adamr,

I have been using my cam since the first of summer and I have crappie, bass, and cat fish swim up to the camera every time I drop it in the water. The fish seem to be as curious about what it is as I was about viewing them. I even had a big flathead almost swallow the cam. One thing that I have noticed is that if there is enough structure the fish will move around on it. I have also pulled up to a top, never got a bit and then run the cam down. Fish were there by the hundreds but wouldn't bit. Seems to have something to do with high water temps. I use the Aqua-Vu XPS 60 which has the temp sensor built into the camera so it will read sub surface temp. As far as using the cam to catch fish, in my humble opinion, this is the most important feature of the camera. In our area, it seems that 75 degrees F is the breaking point in which crappie will really turn on the bit or not.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!