Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filling up tubes......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Filling up tubes......

I was wondering what all you can fill up the inside of tubes with for scent? I have heard of smelly jelly but i really dont know nothing about it. So if some of ya`ll fill up your tubes or use some kind of scent, I was hoping that you could share some info with me.. Thanks

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use solid body plastics, mostly ... so I don't worry about "filling" my tubes. But, most any kind of thick scent product can be used (Smelly Jelly, Crappie Nibbles, Liquid Minnow, Slab Sauce, Bait Batter, etc). You can also use a small piece of cotton ball, sprayed with a more liquid/spray type of scent, and poke it into the hollow of your tube.

.. cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I use solid body plastics, mostly ... so I don't worry about "filling" my tubes. But, most any kind of thick scent product can be used (Smelly Jelly, Crappie Nibbles, Liquid Minnow, Slab Sauce, Bait Batter, etc). You can also use a small piece of cotton ball, sprayed with a more liquid/spray type of scent, and poke it into the hollow of your tube.

.. cp
    What are you refering to when you say sprayed with a more liquid/spray type of scent? Thanks for all the info

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keith29 View Post
    What are you refering to when you say sprayed with a more liquid/spray type of scent? Thanks for all the info
    Like if you're using Bang, Fish Formula, Gulp, Yum, PowerBait .... in the spray bottle. All the other scents that I mentioned, are not liquids ... but pastes, jelly, or of thicker consistancy than the liquid sprays, so they'll stay inside the tube longer. You COULD even use the cotton ball with these products, with the exception of the Crappie Nibbles ... and it would help hold the scent longer.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I use crappie nibbles with the bait pump........they are all that is needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    x2

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohn View Post
    x2
    x3
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Same here with the crappie nibbles. When I use solid plastic (80% of the time) I use slab sauce or a crappie nibble.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

And ya could use the po boy scent and slice up a minner and cram it in there. I have done this a few times when I thought I need a little different scent. I will try just about anything once that is different to catch a few more slabs. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

i use crappie nibbles too, but i use a syringe with an offset tip as opposed to a high dollar bait pump. works suprisingly well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast