Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Leadhead away from greencarp......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got Leadhead away from greencarp......

For a little while, and got him some crappie for dinner. It was a hot bite for a while this afternoon. He had his limit in less than 45 minutes. They were in 50 to 54 FOW and would come up to 40 ft. to grab the baits. When the wind picked up from the SW. they were'nt as aggressive.........thanks, Leadhead for an enjoyable afternoon and some good company.........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Lead Head! JR really knows how to find and catch them witch makes for a great trip with him anytime.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go lead jr is the man. just think crappie at 50 fow.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a great way to spend an afternoon. Get to the ramp at 1:00 and get unloaded, take a few minutes for JR to give me some Humminbird 101 side imaging class (gotta get one of those!!!), then he finds a school of hungry crappie and shortly after 2:00 I have a limit. JR sure makes it look easy. JR was two up on me before I could get one of his special jigs tied on and in the water and then it was game on. I have been very interested in how the side imaging fishfiders work and I don't think I had enough information to make an informed decision about whether to go with a Humminbird or Lowrance unit until now. I have always used Lowrance units in the past but that will change in the near future. If anyone else is thinking about fishing for DEEP crappie, alwaysfishin can show you how. I think those were the hungriest fish I have been around since spring. Thanks for an informative and enjoyable afternoon JR.

Post Thanks / Like

Side imaging is the only way to consistently find and fish schooling crappie. I tried before I had side imaging and it was very difficult to find and stay on a school that was moving. Now if I loose them I can find them again. It is also amazing what you will find on the bottom and how easy it is to find brushpiles.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats. on the great afternoon you two, those side imiging sonars work great.

nice looking mess of fish for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

JR, are you putting around with you outboard motor till you locate shad balls or are you using your trolling motor?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job guys, congrats one the quick deep limits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    JR, are you putting around with you outboard motor till you locate shad balls or are you using your trolling motor?
    I scan with my outboard and look for the right school......not all are biters and some are white bass and big shad............
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Good work gents, heck of a day you all had. Got me one of them HB side imaging units over the weekend, absolutely cannot wait to start learning how to use it.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast