Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pickwick & standing Timber.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pickwick & standing Timber.

Well I asked this question a few months ago. And now I hope I can find the cypress trees in Yellow Creek.
    The old man told me about them. But could not remember where they were at.
    So with the new Side Image depthfinder I should find them without any problem.
    Pictures tomorrow evening after getting back from fishing. And I hope catching.
    Plan on crusing and finding the baitfish and then spiderrig back through them.
    Hope it works. Mark them with the GPS and then fun a trolling grid on them.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ShilohRed,
    I have fished Pickwick all my life and never heard anything about standing tember. That doesn`t mean it is not there. Pickwick has some of the biggest stumps of any lake that I have fished. You know how crappie like stumps. Heard stories of standing timber on Wilson, but never found any. If your side scan shows standing tember, I might have to change brands. Good luck timber hunting.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Default good luck

I hope you catch a boat load,I think it's going to be in the 50's tomorrow,should be a nice day.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff these are in Yellow creek.
    Ran into an old man that used to fish there with his uncle when he was a younger. And they would fish them. He told his uncle told him that they were on the old creek channel. And all that they ( his uncle) did was cut the tops off them and the trees are still there.
    Now His uncle was one of the guys that was cutting timber off the lake when it was being built. And the trees top out about 12 ft or so below the normal pool level.
    Yes your right theres stumps on the west side of the lower island above the dam at pickwick that is a good 8+ ft across and now are only inches under water.
    PEte

Quote Originally Posted by krappiekrazy
    Hey ShilohRed,
    I have fished Pickwick all my life and never heard anything about standing tember. That doesn`t mean it is not there. Pickwick has some of the biggest stumps of any lake that I have fished. You know how crappie like stumps. Heard stories of standing timber on Wilson, but never found any. If your side scan shows standing tember, I might have to change brands. Good luck timber hunting.

Post Thanks / Like

TnJeff I'm trying to make my mind up. The sauger are bitting and may just head to the river and fish for them.
    Will know in a few minutes.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Well I went sauger fishing today. and Wish i had stayed with the sauger fishing.
    OOhh well that is life.
    PEte

Post Thanks / Like

ShiloRed, I have lived and fished the river all my life also, and did not know that. Would you be willing to send the waypoint coard? I would like to look foe them the next time I get to the river.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gracie1goose
    ShiloRed, I have lived and fished the river all my life also, and did not know that. Would you be willing to send the waypoint coard? I would like to look foe them the next time I get to the river.
    All that I know for now is there in Yellow Creek so that cuts it down to a few hours of searching .
    I will post more after searching it.
    PEte