Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long time gone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long time gone

Well its been awhile since Ive visited the board and also been crappie fishing. Decided to put down the bow yesterday and got out to my local lake here in PA. Took awhile to locate that first one, but after finding it I caught 6 more decent crappie from the same brush. All together I got 6 black crappie and 1 white in about 2 hrs of fishing. Do fall crappie stack up in numbers on brush, or do you usually only find a few here and there? Was nice to see a few slabs get in the boat. Heres a few pics if your interested... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...itecrappie.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, glad you had a good first trip. Nice fish.
    They'll normally scatter in the fall then stack back up in the winter.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Tube,

Quote Originally Posted by Tube4Slabs
    Well its been awhile since Ive visited the board and also been crappie fishing. Decided to put down the bow yesterday and got out to my local lake here in PA. Took awhile to locate that first one, but after finding it I caught 6 more decent crappie from the same brush. All together I got 6 black crappie and 1 white in about 2 hrs of fishing. Do fall crappie stack up in numbers on brush, or do you usually only find a few here and there? Was nice to see a few slabs get in the boat. Heres a few pics if your interested... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...itecrappie.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Hi tube ,
    Here in Indiana the crappie I have been catching recently seem to be holding around visible stickups , stumps and laydowns. The reservoir that I usually fish has dropped about 7 ft and as the structure is being exposed the fish are using it. I too have been putting the bow down occaisionally to fish. Got a nice fat doe last week so now I can do some more fishing. Have you had any luck with your bow yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default No luck

Tree, No luck yet with the bow but many close encounters to keep things interesting. If it was gun season I would have gotten a deer everyday, but not so easy with he bow. Cant seem to get them close this year. Congrats on the doe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tube4Slabs
    Tree, No luck yet with the bow but many close encounters to keep things interesting. If it was gun season I would have gotten a deer everyday, but not so easy with he bow. Cant seem to get them close this year. Congrats on the doe
    Tube,
    Thanks for the congrats and good luck to you also. Hang in there , the shot will present itself sooner or later. Theres no better time to be in the woods than archery season and no better time to be on the water catching slabs than " all the time". Good luck............treepotato