Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Inflatable Kickboats Or Pontoons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inflatable Kickboats Or Pontoons

GOOD MORNING,

I was just wondering if anybody here uses or is plans to use any type of inflatable kickboat, bellyboat or pontoon. If so what type do you have or are you planning on purchasing. The reason i am asking is because i plan on getting one myself due to the cost and issues with storing a boat since i dont have the available space to do so. But anyway i am leaning towards the "Colorado 9' pontoon" by trout unlimited. another reason i ilike them is because of their portability.:rolleyes:

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY RECCOMENDATIONS ON ANY OTHER MODELS?

p.s. anybody get out over the weekend.
    Last edited by CRAPPIETEASER; 02-20-2006 at 01:09 PM.
    "GIVE A MAN A FISH AND HE EATS FOR A DAY.
    TEACH A MAN TO FISH AND HE EATS FOR A LIFETIME
    ."

Raybo Guest

Default Inflatable Pontoons - Water Skeeter

I purchased a Water Skeeter inflatable pontoon for a fishing trip up to Wisconsin several years ago. I used it on a river with a few Class 2 rapids and used it a few times on reservoirs and lakes. Water Skeeter has a good reputation in Whitewater fishing circles and I have been pleased with the boat. I used to whitewater raft and kayak so getting used to the non-fixed oars was pretty easy for me. It may take a while to get the hang of it. It worked well in the river and allowed good manuvering down the rapids. The model I have allows adding a trolling motor and has a mesh platform for the battery. With the motor at a typical 90 degree angle it was difficult to track straight so I tilted the motor up some and that helped it track much better. I even found a rod holder that attaches to one of the pontoons that I could have used to troll. I was thinking of tricking out the pontoon with my portable depth finder for trolling but I ended up buying a 14" Lund last year so didn't need to do that with the pontoon. They are a little cumbersome to drag around but found I could deflate the pontoons and fold over the still rigged frame and put in the back of my mini-van which would make the next launch less work (just inflat the pontoons). The pontoons will keep you much higher and drier than a belly type boat or kick pontoon. I don't know which model of the trout unlimited boat you are thinking of but they look like a good bang for your buck and appear to be pretty good quality. Good Luck. Another add-on device I have seen is a wheel that mounts to the middle bottom of several brands of the inflattable pontoons ... that would make it much easier to roll the pontoon a distance to a river or lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this in Outdoor Life mag. it looks like something your looking for.
    http://www.seaeagle.com/default.asp
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Raybo & stunpbumpers. I was beginning to wonder if i was the only one here who thought that owning one of these crafts would be a good idea here in Ohio, since a lot of the lakes here do not permit the use of gasoline engines. I have seen both the one you have raybo and the one that stumpbumpers directed me to. Raybo i have been looking into the 9' colorado which like you said is very well priced for what you get i think. It also has a number of pockets for storage and has a trolling motor mount. i have seen at the walmart site for $341.00. which at that price it would allow you to trick it out with a fish finder and other gadgets that would make your fishing trip a lot more comfortable. thanks again guys. maybe i will run into you on the waters.
    "GIVE A MAN A FISH AND HE EATS FOR A DAY.
    TEACH A MAN TO FISH AND HE EATS FOR A LIFETIME
    ."