Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dont really know what is better to fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dont really know what is better to fish?

Tomorrow temps are going to be upper 40`s here on reelfoot. I dont know if i should use minnows or jigs. If i should use jigs, what size jig head of what tube. If minnows should i tube it and tip it with a minnow or what? I would like to have some advise from people every where. Thanks to all.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I never use minnows, so that's easy, use Jigs.
    2. Is it windy? If so, 1/8th oz. if not 1/16oz.
    3. I use crappie nibbles a lot.
    4. I always use either 1 1/3 or 3" baits.

watch your electronics, they'll help you pinpoint where the fish are.
    I wish I could fish reelfoot with you, I've never been there and it's on my bucket list.
    If you are in a creek with Timber, Use a slip bobber and start around 4ft down, and work your way up. Or use the jig pole to figure out where they are, and then adjust your slip bobber rig accordingly.
    or if you are fishing stumps, or cypress, let your line down slow to the bottom, if you don't get a hit going down, slowly work your way up twitching it every now and then. If you that doesn't get them, work your way out from each stump.
    Get out and enjoy it, be careful and take your time. Think about what you are doing, and when they hit, replicate it. If I'd ask for personal improvement on one thing, it'd be clarity. There are times where I'm just enjoying the surroundings and having a good time, catch a fish, get him in the live well, and think here we go. Then I realize I was not even paying attention and have to start over. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

well anytime you get ready look me up and we will part the waters on oh reelfoot. thanks for the advise. what part of mo are you from?

Post Thanks / Like

Suburb of KC. I would call Truman Lake my home lake, that is where most of my free time is spent. Good luck fishing this weekend. If the water is dirty, go dark colors, if it's clear go light. That's always a good place to start up here.

Post Thanks / Like

i use jigs 99% of the time,but like my dad says it dont hurt to have minnows with u just in case.cause sometimes they only want the real thing .so id grab a dz or two and take with me if i was u.if i was fishing reelfoot this time of year id probably go to deep water first and try it.just a suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

I'd just stop by the baitshop and see whats working,hard to beat local info.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know for sure, but you might need to use "ice skates"!

Post Thanks / Like

So Keith, before you fell out of the boat, and the dog saved you (Thank God for that) What did you end up using, and did you have any luck?

Post Thanks / Like

Minnows are the main source of food . Crappie are not afraid of minnows. Use your favorite jig and tip it with minnows . If that doesn't work drop the minnow. It is all about trial and error. If everybody knew what they were biting it would be called catching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    So Keith, before you fell out of the boat, and the dog saved you (Thank God for that) What did you end up using, and did you have any luck?
    Yes i caught 47. I posted yesterday around 12:30 or so that I caught 47 on 2 tubes it shows the tubes i caught all of them on.