Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slabs on Cutfoot and Winnie

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Slabs on Cutfoot and Winnie

Taking a vacation to Cutfoot Sioux and Winnie 1st. week of June,any tips on crappie fishing for these lakes?

Post Thanks / Like

I have never fished cutfoot or winnie for crappies..I will talk to some freinds and report to you what they have to say!
    The S.W.A.T. - "We Don't Flock Around"
    www.TheSupremeWaterfowlActionTeam.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wink How about a up to date report,please!!!

I am headed up to Minnesota on the 27th of May,anybody having any luck on Winny or cutfoot,what is the water temp running at and what stage are the crappie at, at this time,I'm sure they are fairly deep,thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

While I can't speak for water temps on Winnie or Cutfoot, I can tell you that the Boys on Bowstring are reporting low to mid 50s water temps. I've heard rumblings of slabs holding tight in 16' water near the beds (on other lakes). It's just a waiting game at this point.

Crappy weather coming though. Good luck!
    "If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers."

Post Thanks / Like

It's official. The weather *was* crappy, not crappie.

Several boats hunting slabs instead of walleyes on the opener. I suspect this was an excuse to get outta the terribly rough water and into the protected bays. No reports of craps being caught though.
    "If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers."

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Past history

I am wondering when conditions are right how has the crappie and panfish fishing been on Big Winnie and Little cutfoot the last couple years and is there any size to them.Im heading up next week and will be staying at Cutfoot Sioux Inn. If they are are for the most part small,I will stick with the perch and walleye instead of pursuing the panfish.