Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often and what else??

Post Thanks / Like

Default How often and what else??

I hope you guys don't mind me hogging all this space and time on here... This is kinda like an interactive magazine - you ask lotsa questions and you get lotsa answers from all over the country (ain't it great). Anyway, I'm wondering how often does everyone fish per week (even us retired guys) and what else do you do when you aren't fishing? Golf, tinkering, woodworking, you know what other hobbies do you have?
    I'm usually ice fishing here in Iowa this time of year... however, last fall when I was working on our cabin in Arkansas,putting on a deck I fell through the joists and darn near ripped of my arm. You know what I said when it happened? No not that... I said, That is going to feel so good when it stops hurting!!!! It's one of them ongoing projects. When we both get retired we hope to spend more time at our cabin...
    So if you don't mind I'll keep on posting...
    Thanks,
    Imadreamer

Post Thanks / Like

I am fortunate to have a job that I work 10 days a month. I fish most of the other 20 days. I used to hunt and play golf, but I decided to pick one hobby and fishing won. Have three teenage sons who play football and baseball, they keep me busy as well.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I average about one trip per week. With my work schedule, that's really about all I can do.

Fishing's my main thing. I like to read, and I used to play a lot of tennis. Unfortunately, it interfered with my fishing, so I dropped it.

Post Thanks / Like

2 to 5 times a week weather permitting.
    rest of my time is spent making lures and jigs and foolin with the boat.
    also messing with side scans on the puter and dropping crappie condos.
    i gave up hunting years ago when i discovered winter fishing.
    Yodibuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Once or twice a weekend every weekend (weather permitting) and one day a week after work.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

One or twice during the week...and maybe once during the weekend if the weather allows. During deer season I bow hunt some and gun hunt some. Also try keeping people around home happy by not getting too far behind on the honey-dos.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish when I can, work when I have to, and hunt when it's required. Other than that, I post on C.C and call gewbers, gewbers when needed. In between I love my wife and raise my kids. Oh, and I'm writing a book on the fine art of scamming free lunches.

Fishin's pretty much it. I deer hunt a little. Over the course of the year, I prolly average 1.5 trips a week or about 75 trips a year. I was serious about the calling out gewbers thing though.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a couple times during the week and hardly ever fish on a weekend due to me pastoring full time. I guess next would be gardening! I love raising vegetables and taking care of my fruit trees. I am also known to raise about any animal at some time or another. I still deer and turkey hunt with bow, blackpowder and rifle when not doing these other things! I am also a crappie.com addict...I check the forum several times a day!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

During nice weather I am on the water 3 times a week. I used to bowhunt for deer but just lost interest in it. I coach baseball in the spring and we do a lot of off-season conditioning starting in early December. I will continue to coach baseball until it is no longer fun or when I feel like it is cutting into my spring fishing to much.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish once a week 7 months out of the year. My other hobby is grilling out on the Charcoal grill. That's a year round thing for sure. Never to cold or hot to grill out.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast