Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie fishing after ice out

Post Thanks / Like

Question crappie fishing after ice out

Now you guys remember i have only been crappie fishing for a few years so i hope this isn't a silly question so here goes.
    When the ice melts after being set in for a while, is the fishing any good right after it's gone? I know the temps will be in the 30's but i have not had much luck fishing in that time frame right after ice out. What do you all think?

Post Thanks / Like

I know when I used to ice fish up north , last ice was the best fishing and when it melted , the fishing was good .

Post Thanks / Like

We have broke ice out here and fished through it and caught fish. Last year Truman was froze up for quiet some time and after the ice was off fishing went right back to the way it was.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Last year as soon as the ice melted on my end of the lake it was a slugfest,hopefully it will be the same in a few weeks.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

well i am getting ready, i just got my first 10' pole, and am having a boat cover made for my boat at the end of the month. drove my ranger to truman and back in the ice and slush and that mist got up under the console and caused all kinds of problems, won't let that happen again. did't get one with this one so i have to have one made.