Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many???

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many???

Just wondering, as I read, all these posts...
    What do you do with all the crappie you catch everyday and everyday and everyday...
    I mean at some point you have to have enough fish that you couldn't eat another bite!
    Do you fish to catch one for the wall?
    Any thoughts ,comments? Hopefully this will get some interesting feedback...
    Just curious....
    Thanks,
    Imadreamer

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good question, IMADREANER! I have several large fish fries each year, and it takes a lot of fish to make sure everyone has enough Crappie on their plates. Each one takes about 200 Crappie to make everyone happy. I like it when someone comes and says that they don't like fish. All I ask is that they try one piece and they are hooked. In the Summer time I will cook up a bunch of Crappie and take it to my Dr's office to share with the Dr's and staff there. People ask me why I don't have to wait when I go to the Dr's office, Hmmm. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I give some to my mother, I give some to the elderly couple nextdoor and we have friends over for fish fries. Once I have what I think will last me for the year, I switch over to other species and turkey season.

Post Thanks / Like

I release everything I catch. Haven't cleaned a fish in about thirty years.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep what I will clean and eat or clean and freeze. After that I catch and release.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I probably keep and clean around 30 percent of the keeper size crappie I catch and a big share of them go to visiting friends and relatives. I, like many others, am looking for that 3 pounder for the wall. Maybe it will happen or maybe it never will but one thing for sure, I'll enjoy the time on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish fries and give aways. Pretty rare where I'll fry fish just for us, but we do bake some.

No worries, I ain't putting much of a dent in the population. But don't tell nobody or they'll make fun of me.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

When I get low in freezer or just want fresh, I'll bring home some of that days catch.
    During tourneys I only keep 10 in the livewell.
    We weigh in 7 and they have to be alive.
    If I catch a really big one and it's not a record, it goes back to help the gene pool.
    (but not during a tourney of course)
    Otherwise if I have a few keepers and spot some bank fishers I'll stop and make their day.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I give away lots of fish and have several fish fries. Sure helps good will to hand out fish fillets. Really helps when asking for favors like sawmill scraps to build stakebeds.:D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I try to keep a couple hundred fillets on hand, most of the time. I work with ten other firemen, and we can polish off a limit of fish in short order. Also, have several large fish fry's each year for 30+ people. I give lots of fish away to neighbors and friends also. I also catch and release, especially fish in the 3 lb. range. I'm looking for a 4 pounder for the wall.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast