Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First Meeting of 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Meeting of 2011

I'm not the official Sec/Treas. this year, but since George and Sheri were unable to attend yesterday, here's a rundown:

First of all, George, hope you are feeling better and all is well with your ticker!

I don't remember who made the initial suggestion for Gander Mountain as a meeting place, so here's a general THANK YOU! This is going to be so much better than our previous location and we had a great meeting yesterday evening.

The news everyone needs to know is that we voted for a 7 fish weigh in for the tournaments. That's 7 fish per person, not per boat.

So far, there are 3 anglers registered for this Saturday's tournament: Mr. Tolley and the Ray's. Looks like work and weather are keeping the turnout slim.

After taking care of business, we got to the important stuff and quizzed Jerry Miller on his rigging, talked a little duck hunting and upcoming boat shows. The Murray, KY show is this weekend and the Jackson show starts Feb. 17. Best of all (at least in my book), the Grizzly Jig tackle show is Jan 27 - Jan 30. If you get a chance to go, please thank the Mansfield family for their donation to our youth tournament last season.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Brenda and I enjoyed it. Good to see Miller. I hadn't seen him in a while. Thought he had turned into a Cat Fish man since he can't catch the crappies, but turns out he has been hanging out in the lowlands shooting holes in the air. Good to see everyone again. I really like the meeting place. It's more like a meeting place. ha

George, git well soon.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom. Me and my dad and Jerry hunt together. So i guess we have been all hanging out in the lowlands and doing alot of skybusting. Can't say so much about how many ducks we have killed...lol But we have gave it a good effort as i am sure Jerry let y'all know last nite.

Post Thanks / Like

Really missed seeing you all last night. The ticker is fine (thanks for asking). Sadly, going to have to miss out on the tournament tomorrow, as well. Truck is in the shop and have no other way to tow the boat. Oh well, such is life. Glad y'all had a good meeting. Hope those who fish tomorrow have a good one!!!

Post Thanks / Like

best meeting yet,george hope u feel better ,you missed the rule change on the new age 70 + class just for tom hehe