Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What month will you pull your boat out for spring....

Post Thanks / Like

Default What month will you pull your boat out for spring....

Hey guys at what time of the year do you pull your boat out for spring fishing.What month do you wake her up. I know some of you guys have a day set for every year.
    "Choices you make dictates the life you live"

Post Thanks / Like

January 1st.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Assassin View Post
    January 1st.
    Normally your not that funny, but I must admit you pulled it off this time assassin......

Hunterjt, welcome to the site man....... As for just about everyone on the Ohio site????????? Man we never put the boats away. only thing that stops us crazy (bad word) is ice on the lake. Then its off to the river. My boat never gets "winterized". don't have to when you fish year round....... Past few weeks I know a lot of us have had to break through ice to get to open water on the other side......... Weze here in Ohio is some bad a$$ m (bad word) s..... LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I slow down my fishing for hunting season. Fish eat year round, no need to stop.
    The only thing I really stop for is ice in the driveway or ice on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to have her out the final week of February prepping and ready to hit the water the 1st weekend of March. Key words there are "use to." The older I get the later she comes out but I'll still be ready sometime by mid-march. I know last year I got out too late and the spring crappie bite in the pads was about over. I swore I'd have her out and ready by the 1st week in March this year so I don't miss that event.
    Takes me around 20 hours of work over a 1-week time period to get it ready for the season. Needless to say I don't look forward to it but I sure love it when it's prepped and I"m confident I'll have no problems with it during the year.
    :DIS IT SPRING YET?:D

Post Thanks / Like

when i put the icefishing gear up.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

my boat is ice fishing gear
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCrazed View Post
    Normally your not that funny, but I must admit you pulled it off this time assassin......

Hunterjt, welcome to the site man....... As for just about everyone on the Ohio site????????? Man we never put the boats away. only thing that stops us crazy (bad word) is ice on the lake. Then its off to the river. My boat never gets "winterized". don't have to when you fish year round....... Past few weeks I know a lot of us have had to break through ice to get to open water on the other side......... Weze here in Ohio is some bad a$$ m (bad word) s..... LOL
    Man wish I could do that I moved here from down Arkansas and Mississippi and what's winterizing? Just kidding,man I would love to keep my boat close to me all winter so I can go on the water. (1) it won't fit in my garage and hard to get the wife to understand putting her truck in the snow for my boat.( 2 ) once it's in storage I have to kiss it goodbye a few months. It's killing me.

What's the trick to not messing your block up.....you fish today and tomorrow it freeze like crazy for a week.Garage?
    Just wandering since I'm going to be here awhile. Help me out
    "Choices you make dictates the life you live"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes keeping it in a garage would help. Do what Crappie Crazed does to his wife. He tells her if his boat tears up he will have to stay home. I believe she built him a heated garage for his boat. You have already got her on the right track if you pull your boat with her truck.

Or just rent a storage unit closer to home!!

Post Thanks / Like

The cold won't hurt the block. Just be sure you let the water drain from the lower unit whne you take it out of the water each time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast