Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BPS Crappie Show

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BPS Crappie Show

BPS Fishing starts at 8:00 pm central on Outdoor Channel. Sup0posed to be a crappie fishing show.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are going to be disappointed with it, I was. As many crappie fisherman as there is out there you would think they would have some good shows for us. Especially BPS and Wally Marshall being promoted as much as they are doing. Something with some tips and methods etc. I guess we don't spend enough money for tackle.
    Last edited by SteveJ; 02-20-2006 at 12:47 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Cut Bait Guest

Speaking of Wally Marshall, I recently bought his cd, Crappie Secrets Uncovered, and was really dissapointed. Basiclly just him fishing and not alot of real info.
    I mostly cast jigs and was hoping for some good pointers on trolling, but no such luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have that one and was somewhat disapointed too altho better than a lot of shows on TV. Anyone have any recomendations on some must have DVD's or tapes that do have a lot of how-to tips etc? On trolling I think a great book is the Capp/Coleman book Winning Crappie Secrets, slow vertical trolling. During these cold rainy days sure like to watch or read about crappie fishing.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the show last night and was truly dissapointed. It was more of a advertisment to sell tackle than a fishing show in my opinion.I would love to see a show spiderrigging long line trolliing showing how to rig and fish effectively.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure you can even say the show was about crappie fishing. It seemed to be more about what BassPro has to offer. I don't remember any tips or techniques being shown.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cut Bait
    Speaking of Wally Marshall, I recently bought his cd, Crappie Secrets Uncovered, and was really dissapointed. Basiclly just him fishing and not alot of real info.
    I mostly cast jigs and was hoping for some good pointers on trolling, but no such luck.
    I agree, I was disappointed with it also. Wished I had spent the $10 on something useful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dockfishin
    I'm not sure you can even say the show was about crappie fishing. It seemed to be more about what BassPro has to offer. I don't remember any tips or techniques being shown.
    That is what I was thinking. Also, if we spent more money on tackle they may have a few more shows on there about Crappie fishing. :rolleyes:
    Sponsored by my wallet!!

Buckeye Fisherman Guest

Default Good Crappie Show

For those of you that have not seen it yet The Midwest Crappie is an excellent Crappie show. Alot of good information. It airs on the Sportsman Channel I think 5 times a week. The show schedule is posted on www.Midwestcrappie.com. Check it out I think you will like it.. .

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what happened to Crappie University that used to show every friday morning at 6am on OLN? Whitey Outlaw was the host. I used to get up early to watch and I gathered a lot of info from that show. Whitey gave all kinds of tips, tricks, and product reveiws.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast