Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commercial/Home Made Rod Holders For Spider Rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Commercial/Home Made Rod Holders For Spider Rigging

Morning Ya'll,

I'm looking for a soultion for spider rigging my boat for crappie. I've been pricing rod holder setups and have seen the DriftMaster and TiteLock offerings at Bass Pro Shops. When you get right down to it there's really not a lot to these commercial products and I was wondering if anyone out there has done a DIY on their setups? I'm picturing a 2 x 2 hardwood T mounted to the front deck, about 14 inches tall, with 4 rod holders mounted to the top bar. Has anyone done something like this that can share pics and tell me how the setup works for you?

Thanks,

G3Jockey
    Daisy BB Guns - Keeping Kids Off Your Lawn Since 1882

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have any pics of mine but I made mine out of conduit. On each side on the front i have a female coupling and i have males on the rig. It goes from the bottom to top about 16 inches tall. I have 10 pole holders spaced out on it. Its nothing fancy but it works, I have had several compliments on it the way it is. I have a delta marsh 18 60, if i had a fiberglass or bass tracker i would have done somthing else. This might not help but, I thought i would just share with u what i did.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Keith. Sounds interesting, if you can get a pic anytime soon I sure would appreciate it as that would help a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G3Jockey View Post
    Thanks for the reply Keith. Sounds interesting, if you can get a pic anytime soon I sure would appreciate it as that would help a lot.
    I will. I never have put pictures on a computer (kinda new at computer sturr). I will have to find out what to do and how to do it. All i have is a labtop, sure that dont matter but i really dont know.

Post Thanks / Like

When you click reply, to reply to this thread, scoll down and click "go advanced". Once there, after typing your message scroll down and click "manage attachments", thats where you upload your photo(s). Once uploaded just post the reply and your photo will be there.

Post Thanks / Like

g3 here's a pic of my home made rod holder for long lining i made it with treaded rod and metal pipe
    bought the clamp on rod holders that go around pipe lets you adjust rods any way you want [IMG]i52.tinypic.com/34dm0et[/IMG]
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-14-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: picture didnt load
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

Post Thanks / Like

Home made.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

Default pic

pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

Post Thanks / Like

100% home made
    Attached Images Attached Images  

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Checkout cheap home made rod holders using 4'' PVC pipe.

I've made some similar to these. Took a while bout finally found a post with pictures.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/south...r-rigging.html

I used a lockset saw in a drill and a table saw on 4'' pipe. Mine were different as the butt end went in a hole not just a slot like these. Drilled both sdes of pipe and then cut out about 1/2 of one hole and stopped short of the other hole. Put a slot like he did for up and down adjustments.0
    Last edited by NIMROD; 01-13-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast