Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice Fishing The Northeast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice Fishing The Northeast

Just thought i'd let a few of you southern folks know how the fishing is when it gets cold. It gets better! I fished the setback of the Connecticut River and so far so good.

Post Thanks / Like

how cold was it that day? looks like a lot of traffic on the river. and a big ole bream.

Post Thanks / Like

It was probably in the low digits that day, use to that. The wind is what hurts the fishing. The river gets fished a lot but mostly by jack fishermen looking for pike.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you are having fun. I have always wanted to try ice fishing, but here in west tennessee it just dont get that cold. I have always heard that ice crappie fishing is better. Is that seriously true?

Post Thanks / Like

It depends, late ice is awesome. you can look down the hole and some spots and see 15-20 crappie swiming around. Sight Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrappievt View Post
    It depends, late ice is awesome. you can look down the hole and some spots and see 15-20 crappie swiming around. Sight Fishing!
    Like right now how deep do you have to fish under the ice and what are you fishing with? When are you calling it late ice? In march or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some dandy fish congrats on a great day.....what exactly is a setback?just trying to understand terms from different parts of the country.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keith29 View Post
    Like right now how deep do you have to fish under the ice and what are you fishing with? When are you calling it late ice? In march or so.
    right now most of my fish have been coming between 1 and 4 foot below the ice in 8 feet of water. I use small katy jigs tipped with red spikes. Late ice starts in the middle of march and sometimes lasts into April.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Those are some dandy fish congrats on a great day.....what exactly is a setback?just trying to understand terms from different parts of the country.
    A setback is like a cut off the river, usually where two rivers meet they cause a little set back, that "sets back" from the main river.