Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: how is the bite?

Post Thanks / Like

Default how is the bite?

just wanted to see how the crappie bite has been all over? i have not had time to fish in the last week and was curious how everyone else has been doin.

Post Thanks / Like

The bite here around Truman and LOZ has been awesome for the past 3 months. Got a bit of snow and insane cold temps now everything is froze up. It'll be a while till the boat gets dropped in the water here!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

have you been spider rigging there? how deep have thay been holding?
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiencali View Post
    The bite here around Truman and LOZ has been awesome for the past 3 months. Got a bit of snow and insane cold temps now everything is froze up. It'll be a while till the boat gets dropped in the water here!

Post Thanks / Like

Oklahoma bite has been amazing and it's easy to take a limit of 37 daily over 10".
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    Oklahoma bite has been amazing and it's easy to take a limit of 37 daily over 10".
    Just curious what the weather has been like there? Also how deep have they been holding?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishin lake ozark here in Mo and like crappiencali said the bite has been phenominal,before these negative temps came in i was catching fish on 6'-12' flats and in creeks 12'-15' deep,we were fishin structure with jigpoles.We're going to try to find a dock with open water today to see what this severe cold front done to the fish.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Keith I haven't spider rigged it yet since the have been relating tight to structure. When the crappie stage for the spawn I will spider rig and have good results. That is one technique that I plan on learning a lot more about this year.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    I've been fishin lake ozark here in Mo and like crappiencali said the bite has been phenominal,before these negative temps came in i was catching fish on 6'-12' flats and in creeks 12'-15' deep,we were fishin structure with jigpoles.We're going to try to find a dock with open water today to see what this severe cold front done to the fish.
    let me know this evening how you done today. I would like to go but I have to take care of some buisness with the wife.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiencali View Post
    Keith I haven't spider rigged it yet since the have been relating tight to structure. When the crappie stage for the spawn I will spider rig and have good results. That is one technique that I plan on learning a lot more about this year.
    I love spidering. I usually run 8 to 10 poles off the front and sometimes several off the back, but i have to say I really enjoy jigging my condos and all the cyprus trees and stumps. When does the spawn start in Missouri?