Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing without a Lip On

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing without a Lip On

I have quit using smokeless tobacco on 10th day of January and really need to get some further support from some one else who has done the same and stayed off of it. I almost quit fishing because it wasnt natural for me to fish without a lip on! I have chewed for over 35 years and know that I need to quit for my health and my teeth and gums. Any Tactics that someone has used and stayed off of it would be appreciated.
    You know you are getting old when there is nothing left to learn the Hard Way

Post Thanks / Like

1st,,,,WELCOME TO CDC KS!!!! Congratulation on your efforts to quit. A rubber band around your wrist. Pop it whenever the urge appears. Yesser, it's a hard habit ta quit when it always has been a part of sum ting ya enjoy. I've quit cigars not too long ago. Can't see any difference yet, except from happy friends supportin it. We're all here ta hep!!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on givin up on the tobacco, Yes it's hard...I started at 11 years old and tried all of it I guess. When I got my own retail store in 1996 I decided for the publics sake and my overall health to quit. It was the best thing I did and the best personal decision you will make. Beware of relapses and temptations. I had someone go into stores for me {cause you dont see it} and chewing gum in wintergreen flavors helped tremendously!!! Just keep your personal health and welfare thr top priority and you WILL WIN. Good Fishin from the Big-E.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

man i commend you for quitting yes it gonna be hard to resist i quit myself every time you think about dipping put the money in a jar and see how it adds up get you some gum and candy after the first four weeks youve got it beat good luck my brother
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats..:D
    I quit dipping skoal for over a year --but I had to use Oliver twist tobacco to help.
    It's still not good for you ...But a lot better then regular chew.:rolleyes:
    Now I'm back to dipping again..Gues I better go get some Oliver twist again.

Oliver Twist - Home

There are only a few places that sellit locally..

Good Luck my friend.

Rick
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!It is very hard to quit,I quit last year for 7 mo. before starting again for a stupid reason.However,I have not dipped since the last week of Dec. 10.My success was by using Chantix for a month.It was amazing what it did as far as the cravings just follow the directions.Send me a pm if you need any additional ideas or support.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there it will get better....I quit smoking 12 yrs ago cold turkey after over 20 yrs of smoking.Like jiggshooter said save that money you will be happy with the extra spending money to buy some fishing gear or gas to take a road trip to another lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Shotwod. I used to in College, then I quit for 2 yrs and on and off for another year and seems like everytime Duck Season rolls around, I would always grab a can. I haven't had any in over a year and a half and that urge is now gone. I don't think I will ever have another dip. I only did it for 4-5 yrs, but to me that was long enough. Have a family now, so I thought I should start thinking about them as well. I always made sure I had gum or sunflower seeds. I think sunflower seeds were my biggest help. Hang in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Shotwod, Here is what i did and its been almost two years, Get ya a script for chantix, ...keep chewin the first week while taking the pills although you won't really want to....after ten days i started backing off the pills only taking a half a pill a day. I then went out and found the "fake" chew...A brand called smokey mountain is the best tasing and readily availiable...it is tobacco free...but gives you the taste and a little burn...It was still hard but goal is to get past the first few weeks of physical symptoms of nicotine addiction... with chantix i would say it drops the urges by 60% good enough if you really want to quit. I still grab a dip of the fake stuff every once in a while but the incessant need is gone...good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I really appreciate the responses that you all have sent back. I really like the idea of putting the money in a jar at every moment of wanting a chew. My wife would love for me to stay off of the stuff! Wonder how she would fell when I take my jar of money to get me a side image and gps unit for the dash of my boat?? If I stay off of it! Thanks for all of the support!
    You know you are getting old when there is nothing left to learn the Hard Way