Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Low voltage lighting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Low voltage lighting

Hey all you nightstalkers, how quickly would two 50 watt 12V bulbs drain a battery? I am thinking of rigging two bulbs on a 10ft conduit to light up the pontoon at night. You can buy the bulbs anywhere from 20-150 watts in 12v, but I thought that two 50s would give plenty of light without being too bright on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, If you divide the volts into the watts this will give you the amp draw per light a litttle over 4 amps per light in to your battery amps. One light will last a long time an light a good size boat if you use a reflactor on it. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Look here for low power/ bright LED's...
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got two 50's and have ran them for 4 or so hrs with no problem on one fully charged marine battery a couple of different times. 40's would do fine but I couldnt find them at Walmart so I went with the 50's.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

The LED lights sound interesting. Has anybody ever tried them? And if so, how bright are they in the water? I was wondering if they seem to work as good as the regular stick type lights.

Post Thanks / Like

IF use 1 of those clip on shop lights and take the shield off that should light up your boat easily.Use a 40 or 50 watt bulb.That want pull alot off of your battery.Thats what we used the other night and also used a 110 inverter and ran 2 of those flourence porch 13 or15 watt lights on the side right above the toons.Ran all of that off of 1 battery all night.Good luck.

Central Tx. West of Brownwood in the sticks
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used 12v drop lights in my shop for years (bulbs last longer and they dont get as hot) it seems to me that a 50w 12v is as bright as a 100w 110v.
    have a good`un heycods