Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where have they gone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where have they gone?

Allright guys, where are they biting in the W. Volusia area? I was doing very well in local lakes trolling jigs in deeper water about a month ago. That stopped working so I started making my way towards the banks. Still nothing. Last year it seems about this time I was doing well on the river around Blue Springs casting to structure along the banks, so I tried that this weekend. Still no luck. It has been 3 weekends with my speck total at 2 fish(although I have found a few small bass) and I cant stand it! Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi Yjwill and Folks,

I'm new here. I fly fish and use light spin tackle for Specks and bream mostly. Sebring, FL area of Highlands County. Where have the Specks gone? Well that is the question. We could all make a lot of money if we could know that on a regular basis :D . Around here the schools have been moving around a lot in open water so its been hit and miss. So far, in some area lakes and other waters (creeks and canals) they are starting to bed. I would try to start to concentrate on the hyacynths, weed beds, structure, and so forth in about 3 to 8 feet of water right now where the beds should be rather than open water. Beware of the up coming cold front that will be moving in soon . Catches have been hit and miss for me also lately. I guess its the nature of the beast with the crazy hot and cold weather we have been having.

Here is the latest newspaper fishing report link for Highlands County. Highlands Today newspaper fishing report by D.O. "Red" Norton for Feb. 15.

Cold The Rule On Area Waters

http://www.highlandstoday.com/MGBYZVFTOJE.html
    Last edited by dixieangler; 02-19-2006 at 06:05 PM.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Specks

The fishing has been very slow around Winter Haven this year. Went ti Kissimmee (big lake) Friday,caught a few,stopped by Cypress on the way back and hit them pretty good. A few decent ones, mostly small. They are still in the middle of the lake here.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys...I'm lucky enough to live about a mile away from French Landing, so I am down there enough to where I should find 'em once they make up there mind what they want to do.