Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Profile bait cast reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Low Profile bait cast reel

Hey Guys. I'm new to crappie fishing. I am wanting to get about 8 Low profile reels, any ideas would be great
    2008 Triton VT-17
    Humminbird Electronic's
    B'n'M Poles / Shimano Reels
    Lake Fork Baits

Post Thanks / Like

go to walmart and look there. i saw some the other day that are cheap and would work great for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly jig has some good deals...
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olduckhunter View Post
    go to walmart and look there. i saw some the other day that are cheap and would work great for that.
    +1 on Walmart. You don't need a high end baitcaster with 10 or 11 ball bearings for crappie. I don't know if y'all have Academy stores in Alabama or not, but they carry some cheaper low profile baitcasters also.
    -LP

2007 Skeeter ZX-20 Bay / Yamaha 150 VMax
    Lowrance HDS-8, 7, & 5 with LSS-1

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the $20 Wally Marshall ones from Basss Pro. I went through several drags and gears on the cheaper ones before coughing up a little more money on the Wally Marshall ones. They are the green ones and resemble a Abu Garcia full size baitcast reel. I have them on my dipping rods spooled with 30 lb Hi-vis braid and they work great. Even has a spool tension knob and can cast an 1/8th oz jig with it. Not that I have any need to but tried it just to see how it would do. If you are looking to spend a little less Grizly jig offers one that is similar in size and shape on sale from time to time for like $6.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out the HT-5500. It has star drag, free spool,convenient handle, and level wind.

Monk Monk's Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Look for the Shakespeare Axioms. They'll do the job and I think My WM sells them for $22 or $23. The trouble will be finding a WM that has 8 in stock. Might have to hit several or just find them online.

Do no go with the Synergy though. Much, much less of a reel.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm sure they will order them for him. cricket george had 8 a good while back and i bought 6 of them. they throw better than some of my higher dollar casting reels and were a bargin at 20.00. if you aren't casting them they should last forever. and a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily for me, I had several of these laying around from years ago. They are perfect.

VINTAGE RYOBI "V" MAG3 BAIT CAST FISHING REEL - eBay (item 230573081068 end time Jan-16-11 16:50:18 PST)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with wannabe I have several of the Axioms and have been nothing but happy with them. I use them for spider rigging and jigging as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast