Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: what size motor on Plastic boat 8-10ft comments

Post Thanks / Like

Default what size motor on Plastic boat 8-10ft comments

I for one use a 30 pound thrust on the front and a 1.75 hp tanaka air cooled on the transom. Now my good friend "ole duck hunter" has come up with a Rudder for the transom to keep the boat straight which is a problem most of the time. The tanaka is just in case I run out of battery it only weight 16 pounds. What do you think???

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about perfect to me. Only hitch might be on a long run accross the lake with that 30#, but you've got the tanaka for that.

Wannabe....
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

i think he needs a 10 hp motor to really get that sucker up on plane. he could scoot right on across the lake then. yeah, a 10 hp will do.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 3hp tanaka on mine, moved great, had 35ib trolling motor on front.

Post Thanks / Like

Who asked the ole duck hunter for advise .. I sure didn't but what are friends for. by the way old Duck where's my pictures

Post Thanks / Like

i know you are from the show-me state rich so show me the money and i'll show you the pictures.

at least soup that tonka toy motor up some.

Post Thanks / Like

what ever happened to that 3 hp rude you were going rip me off with. but I was too smart for you ole fart

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 3 hp electric Minn-Kota that I switched the head around and had it on the front and made a rudder for the back that was hinged to raise and lower. I took a small fan clip and mounted it to a copper pipe and mounted a transducer on it and would clip it on the front of the boat and had my HB fishfinder that was run off the battery. I also had a carpeted piece of plywood in the bottom of the boat to muffle the sound and had a circle cut in the plywood and had an Attwood battery water pump with a hose hanging over the side of the boat so when I got water in the boat it pumped it out. I had a fold down padded swivele seat and the battery in a battery box mounted under the seat. I had this for back waters that I couldn't get my big boat in. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 50lb thrust MK on mine, and it does great, and my fishing buddy uses a 55lb thrust, but we have the Oklahoma wind to contend with, and when it regularly hits 15+ mph on the wind, it's really helpful.

FWIW, my 50lb thrust moves my 10 ft. 2 man a little faster than 3.5 mph.

Post Thanks / Like

the only place it's windy in missouri is up near st. louis.