Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: any ice fishing happening yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default any ice fishing happening yet?

I was thinking after this front passes I'd drill a few holes and check the thickness. Have any of you guys in northern missouri been out ice fishing this season? I wish we hadden't gotten this snow as it retards good ice from forming.
    The pond I have in mind has some 2 pound crappie and big blue gill. Nuttin' more fun then pulling em' thru the ice.
    I had to order a new battery for my old Zercom Clearwater ice fishing flasher. Hope to have it by weeks end.
    I'll let you all know how I do.
    KennyB

Post Thanks / Like

be careful out there,and your right, lots of fun pulling a goodun up thru a hole,water not hard enough around here yet.

Post Thanks / Like

After this week of sub-freezing temps I might check things out, but it hasn't been cold enough for long enough for my comfort.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not getting out to check things out till this weekend.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

All of our ice is still in liquid form. That's a good thing. My boats too #%^* big to be pushing across the ice!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

X2 speck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Right before the 60 warm up, I fished a small pond near Bilby lake that had about 4" of ice. Hoping to get out tomorrow and check conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcrappie, Let me know what you find please. I had an outpatient procedure done on my back today so I'll probably be sore a couple days but hopefully be good to go this weekend. Good Luck
    KennyB

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know where my comments went too, as I already posted this once, pushed the wrong button I guess. I'm itching to check out the ice, I do know all this snow will not help as it becomes an insulater. A few weeks ago I know there was some fishing going on at a small lake north of St. Joe. I will check with Mo. Conservation to see if they know anything. I am getting cabin fever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by modandylyon View Post
    Don't know where my comments went too, as I already posted this once, pushed the wrong button I guess.
    Dandy, I remember reading your post, so...something weird happened for sure! Oh well...let me know what you find. I'm getting conflicting weather reports. One is saying it is staying below freezing all weekend and another says a high of 38° on Saturday. I'm checking Smithville weather reports. I would think some of the coves would be getting close?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast