Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Power Pro Line

Post Thanks / Like

Question Power Pro Line

Hello Everyone, Hope all is well with you. Have any of you used the power pro line? I have it on my salt water reels in the thirty pound test, And on my ultra lites in the ten pound and eight pound test. I like the line and it cast real smoothe. The thirty and ten pound performs well and I am happy with it, But the one drawback I find with the eight pound test is because of it's small dia. it packs on the spool too tight. Have any of you had this problem with the eight pound or smaller test?Sure would like to have you input on this. Otherwise I am well pleased with the line. Thanks and Good Fishing! Jimmy S.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hi jimmy havent tried it . will do and seee how it works on my crappie reals
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Braid??

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS
    Hello Everyone, Hope all is well with you. Have any of you used the power pro line? I have it on my salt water reels in the thirty pound test, And on my ultra lites in the ten pound and eight pound test. I like the line and it cast real smoothe. The thirty and ten pound performs well and I am happy with it, But the one drawback I find with the eight pound test is because of it's small dia. it packs on the spool too tight. Have any of you had this problem with the eight pound or smaller test?Sure would like to have you input on this. Otherwise I am well pleased with the line. Thanks and Good Fishing! Jimmy S.

Hey, JimmyS.......I've never used Power Pro, but if my assumption is correct, I think it's a braid, and that's not an uncommon problem. The diameter being small compared to it's strength, the line will bury itself if the lower wraps on the spool are not tight. When you pull a good fish in, or try to pull a hangup, the line will be forced under the top wraps, and the next cast will be stopped short. If your reel doesn't have an oscillating spool, the problem is compounded. The best fix is to pull out all the line and rewind as tightly as possible, thereby making it harder to bury itself. You'll need to wear a glove when respooling the line, if your fingers don't get uncomfortably hot, wind it tighter. You will still have some loose wraps on top after a few casts, but only in the line length of your casts. All of my rigs have braid spooled on them, except for my dockshooter, and it would have it if I could find a high vis braid. Good luck, Jimmy.....

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Power Pro Line

Hey Bill, You described the problem I am having with the eight pound test line to a t. I don't have that problem with the ten or thirty. I will apply your advice and that sounds like it will solve my problem. I like the line, And love the way it cast and it is strong so I think I will stick with it untill I find something better. Thanks for you help ! Good Fishing my Friend and Gods Best Blessings your way. Jimmy S.

buckwheat Guest

jimmys I use power pro on my bass and flats reels and really like it, The one thing I would try is to back it up with mono, line, This helps save P.P. [ which ain`t cheap] and it stopps the line from cutting iinto the spool. Try this it may help you it did me...... BUCKWHEAT MOULTRIE GA.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Power Pro Line -Buckwheat

Hello Buckwheat ! Welcome to Georgia Crappie.Com Thanks for your help, What knot do you use to join the two lines together ? Hope you will get involved and enjoy this site. Good Fishing and Gods Blessings ! Jimmy S.

buckwheat Guest

JIMMYS I use a blood knot. It`s an easy knot to tie but telling you how is a different tale. You can find a diagram in most line boxes. GOOD LUCK!! Buckwheat.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Power Pro Line- Buckwheat

Thanks Buckwheat, I will look it up. Good fishing my friend. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used it, the line will burry into itself but not everytime you hook a fish. I used it salt water fishing and it broke more that my Berkley XT #14 pound, I forget if I was using 20 or 30 power pro. I was not impressed. I spooled some 4# on a quantum micro under spincast reel and it wouldnt even cast 12'. I have a bunch of the line left but will not buy it again, I will stick with regular mono or copolymer line.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"