Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: little bit of a gripe

Post Thanks / Like

Default little bit of a gripe

I know this site costs money to maintain and all but i dont see the reason in having ads right in the middle of our posts when you already have alot of people who pay to be supporters of the site and also use it to pimp out the slab sauce. I didnt mind the ads when they were at the top bottom or side but where they show up now half the time it cuts off someones post and you have to move it up and down to actually read it or see a pic.Im all for someone making a buck but this is starting to look like an NAFC magazine, 1 page of article 30 pages of ads

Post Thanks / Like

you could be a good canidate to start your own site?

Post Thanks / Like

If ya dont like the ads cough up a little cash and get rid if them. This site dont run without funding. Most of the real Crappie fishermen on here dont mind spending a little to get a lot!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

if i was promised the big ads in the middle of the posts would go away i would have no issue coughing up some money,but as of this minute i wouldnt feel comfortable because this site seems to be going from a site of info into a money grab for the owner or simple fix is to move the ads somewhere else on the page instead of the middle of a post

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A CDC supporter doesnt see those ads.:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

What ads?

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a crappie.com supporter and I only see an add in the first post of each page. Not a big deal to me.

Post Thanks / Like

nevermind, 18 dollars a year , my magazines are cheaper then that. this is reason i left NAFC cause it became an ad board first and a forum 2nd. im sure he is making more then enough to cover costs and has enough savvy to move the huge ads from middle of posts so we arent blackmailed to pay money just to be able to read a post or see a full picture, if not i guess this will be another place ill just not come to, i already see it not being as lively as it used to be so im sure im not only one who felt the same way. The main thing that got me a lil mad is causes someone put a post in the memorial section about there dog and had a pic and the ad covered up the animal. I found that inappropriate and kind of ignorant. sure hope he is paying taxes on any profit he is making

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the ad links where they show up on the screen, you know sometimes a man just dont have control of everything? Come on fella...everything has ads. Is it any wonder online sales were up 60% at X-mas this year? We all love this site and Ed has made it better with the upgrades.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/payments.php Go here.....get rid of the ads and enjoy the best fishing site on the web.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast