Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going Fishing in Spring

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going Fishing in Spring

I am from north of Chicago and would like to catch some of the big slabs in Tennessee.

I have been to Reelfoot Lake a coulple of times in the late 90's or maybe early 2000.
    I had good luck and would like to return. Most of the time i fish alone because none of my friends fish. I am look for a good place to go fishing for a couple days to a week in the spring..Could you guys give me some help?

Post Thanks / Like

Try the Big Sandy area on Kentucky lake, good resorts, good guides and great spring fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

2X on Big Sandy.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody tried blue bank resort, at reelfoot?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charliev55 View Post
    I am from north of Chicago and would like to catch some of the big slabs in Tennessee.

I have been to Reelfoot Lake a coulple of times in the late 90's or maybe early 2000.
    I had good luck and would like to return. Most of the time i fish alone because none of my friends fish. I am look for a good place to go fishing for a couple days to a week in the spring..Could you guys give me some help?
    How far north are you? Im from chicago heights Sometimes im looking for a fishing partner, but only fish for crappie sometimes bluegill.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

You have Truman Lake over here in Missouri, or Rathbun in Iowa. 2 good lakes for slab crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I think blue bank was the place I stayed at. It was ok accomodations. Fishing was hard that week. We had between 50-60 people in camp and no one caught hardly anything. That could have changed now and I still want to go back.

Be carefull on your guide though. Ours was hung over from the night before. Forgot to fill his boat with gas so we had to stop and had to chit chat with a group of guys at the station for 20 minutes. Then he put in a private ramp and went fishing so we were about an hour behind schedual. He hardly said a word to us the whole time. At lunch he said he forgot to bring food so we had to feed him. When we were finally done we went back to the private boat ramp and were locked out. So he decided to go around the gate and through the woods to load his boat. He was pretty much a jerk. I had friends that same day there that said their guides were great. That was about 4-5 years ago so he might be gone now.

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Bank is nice, and Blakely is a good guide, Mark Pierce guides and has a couple new cabins on the lake, you can rent the whole cabin for what a room cost and he'll take care of ya. Look in your Grizzly Jig catolog there are a bunch of Reelfoot guides in there, I'd definately go there over Kentucky Lake for the scenery and the fact it's a natural lake, with natural habitat, much more challenging, but if you want guaranteed numbers the Kentucky Lake guides are probably your best bet, if castin' a bobber over a stake bed does it for ya.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for help with blue bank. The wife and I are planning to go down to reelfoot, for a week this spring. Not going to hire a guide, just take it easy and enjoy.