Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grub or Tube?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grub or Tube?

Which is the best under a cork or for tossin?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink I don't use a cork ...

very often. I'm more likely to be doing more "tossin" or "shooting" with my jigs.
    I find the "grub" to be a little more likely to "skip" across the water's surface, when shooting ... so I generally use them when shooting docks. I like the tubes for general purpose casting, but the grubs work well in that situation, too. The "grub" I use, most often, is the Panfish Assassin ... and I seem to get less "sunfish" hits on them, as compared to the tubes. Seems the sunfish really like all those little "legs" hanging off the back of a tube :D

A lot of the time, I choose what type of jig or plastic body I'm going to use, in relation to how much action the fish want from the bait. Other times it's a matter of what color seems to be producing the best, and what baits I have of that color.

When using a float (cork) ...... I'm more likely to use a marabou jig, than one with a plastic body. But, I use that setup in fairly "open water" situations. If there's timber involved ... I'm putting a weedless jighead on, and a plastic body !! Retrieve speed, water temps, mood of the fish, and such are determining factors in whether I go tube or grub body style ......... cp