Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Jigs. Do you?

Post Thanks / Like

Default White Jigs. Do you?

Just wondering if you fish pure white jigs/grubs. If so what conditions?
    Fish like your hungry!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am always fishing a combination color jig. That way you have two choices for an attracting color. One color is always chartreuse. The other color depends on water clarity as well as what the fish tell me on that day.

Chartreuse and pink, Chartreuse and black, chartreuse and aqua or chartreuse and white are my personal favorites.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

In reasonably clear water in the early spring on KY Lake, I'll drop down to a 1 inch white curly tail body on a 1/16 oz pink jig head under the smallest foam bobber that will float this combo. I fish this by casting rocky banks with sparse cover on 4 pound line. I have caught some really nice black crappie but also bass, catfish up to 10 pounds (set the hook and hang around for a few minutes), and some of the biggest bluegills and redears I'll catch each year. This combo has bailed me out of some otherwise slow trips.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The clearer the water, the more I rely on white.

Post Thanks / Like

I been tying some all white 1/32 marabou jigs, and fishing them under a float, and have really been doing good on them. thanks to db4d. I have alot of colors of fancy chenille and marabou, and could have just stuck with white or chart. that white pearl chenille from crazy angler is killer because of the holographic mylar sparkle in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Never use bright white or florescent colors. Mostly pour my own in clear plastic with gold, lime green and black flake.
    I may add a chartreuse silicone strand from a spinnerbait to a core shot grub with curl tail removed. Also not too keen on curl tail grubs anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Spoonminnow; 01-10-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

white /chart early spring is one of my favorite colors

Post Thanks / Like

I use white when the water is clear or if I am fihing for whites and hybrids.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I havent used all white up until this past summer from June to August. I was fishing around the docks at 4am to 6am around the areas with bright flood lights where there were a lot of shad schooling and a good chance of finding sandies and hybrids under them. The closer I fished to the docks the more I started hooking up on Crappie instead!!! Quiet a few of them in fact. The water in the areas I was targeting was about 23-30ft deep with little if any structure on them other than the dock itself. The lure in question was a 1/8th ounce horse head jig with a solid tube type bait in pearl white fished on 4 lbs test at a depth of 2-6 feet below the surface. The water temp was pretty warm thanks to the sweltering hot Texas days and the water was fairly stained. Not sure if that gives you enough to go on but....there it is.

Post Thanks / Like

White/blue plastics are a go-to when the water is clear for me. I will also use a white popeye jig tipped with a shiner at times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast