Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: G3 or War Eagle? Opinions/experiences

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3 or War Eagle? Opinions/experiences

Ok guys, I'm getting things narrowed down some on this boat thing. It's very exciting in a way, but exhausting in another. I've done a lot of research online. I've got it cut down to G3 and War Eagle, for today anyway. :D I was real interested in F&F because I think they make a good boat, but never could get in touch with them. So, for now it's these two. I have seen the G3 in person, but haven't had my hands on a WE yet. Should be one in the area next week sometime to look at.
    The biggest difference in boats I see (online, without seeing in person) is that G3 has a 6* hull and the WE has a 12*. How big of a difference will this make in shallow water navigation, if any? I'm still thinking of a forward fuel tank. Do you think putting the two trolling batteries in the front as well will be too much weight forward? Any other input on any other comparison between these two boats will be appreciated.
    Thanks for the sounding board. It's getting hard for me to find anyone around here that will listen to me going on about a boat anymore (other than a dealer). My wife said, "I'll be glad when you get one..." :D :D

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Which models you looking at?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

G3 1860 camo, and the WE 860 LDBR (I think the WE's are all on the same hull. I will probably end up going back to a basic hull and spec'ing it out. I don't want all the stuff that a LDBR has on it, like vinyl)

The things I have spec'ed for now, subject to drop and/or add to, are gun box, hatches for under front deck storage, bench seat/box storage, forward fuel tank, possibly forward batteries as well, Yamaha 90hp (still not decided for sure on 2 or 4 st. but leaning toward a 4stroke). To be added after the initial price negotiation: MK terrova with I-pilot, and HB 998 and interlink. That's my dream list anyway. Whether or not it comes to fruition is still to be seen. If I've put my wife through all this and don't buy one I think she'll slit my throat in my sleep.

Post Thanks / Like

So your wife's going to be mad if you don't buy a new boat? Sounds like a fine woman.

Post Thanks / Like

check out excel boats i just went thur what your doing now i live right here by we & f&f , we is way overrated i think. i bought the 1860 viper stalker s/c .
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

What's going on at F&F? Are they still in business?
    What do you think about WE, why do you think they are over-rated? Hull performance not as advertised? Not as sturdy built as advertised? DU hype driving cost up for a less than stellar product?
    This is the kind of stuff I want to know. Online, again I have not seen an 1860 in person, but it appears that the gunnel may not be as substantial as the G3. I have a good dealer (as recommended by friends) close by that is a WE dealer. G3 dealer not as close and no one around me here knows them personally. I've got an Xpress dealer close by and if I wasn't going to double down in the front, just use it to hunt out of, then I would be looking harder at them. The taper to the front is too much for me to consider Xpress as a fishing/hunting rig, too narrow in front for me.

TN Hillbilly, she is a good woman, but don't give her TOO much credit. Some of that is selfish on her part-she's tired of hearing about it and wants the process to be over and me gone fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Close call. With the dead rise at 12*, the War Eagle would ride better. It looks cool too. But, I am partial to tail fins. Can't go wrong with either choice. Specifications favor the War Eagle a tiny scoch IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my War Eagle Predator. Cats meow and cool too.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I am thinking right now also, CP. I'll use the boat for both hunting and fishing, but I'll use it probably 80% or more for fishing, time-wise. I think a little more angle would be great out on the lake chop. A friend has a Lowe with a 10* and really likes it.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Polarkraft 1886SE. I have one and it is a fishing machine, also built like a tank.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast