Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for a 1660 Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a 1660 Boat

I'm wanting a 1660 flat bottom with Center Console toward the rear and normal front deck with 7ft dry storage box on right side and live well that butts up against the Center Console just in front of it. Also want the floor covered and level with no grade going toward the front.

I've looked at LegendCraft, Alweld, Weldbilt, F&F, SouthFork, Gatortrax, G3, War Eagle, SeaArk, Lynns Custom Boats and many more. Looks like I'm leaning towards a Weldbilt right now. Anybody got any info I need to help me choose right one. I dont want the cheapest made boat I want a high quality boat with a good price and so far Weldbilt has won that handsdown as far as price. I just dont know about the quality. Any help is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I know there's a number of duck hunters in Arkansas that are running them in the woods. I don't know anyone personally that has one. I haven't heard anything bad about them, which sometimes is just as good. I looked at one myself about two weeks ago, but the dealer said that the factory may not be as ready as to do any custom work as some of the other companies. I don't know. I was handed a brochure and it appeared you could get some add-ons with it-gun box, livewell, etc. I will add that, at least the one I looked at, the welds were the prettiest I've seen on a boat lately.
    Last edited by talltimber; 01-09-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

f&f makes the best custom, check out excel boats. com
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1452 Weldbilt that I had made in 94. Weldbilt and Legend Craft are both real good boats. Legend Craft will do more custom work if needed.

Let me know if I can help, I live about 10 miles from them and know them both.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slipcork View Post
    I have a 1452 Weldbilt that I had made in 94. Weldbilt and Legend Craft are both real good boats. Legend Craft will do more custom work if needed.

Let me know if I can help, I live about 10 miles from them and know them both.
    Reckon they got any 1660 flat bottoms with flatnose for sale right now? New or used it dont matter to me as long as they're in good condition.