Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: G Loomis Expeditor Service from G Loomis

Post Thanks / Like

Default G Loomis Expeditor Service from G Loomis

Those of you who have bought a G Loomis rod are probably aware they have been bought out by Shimano. What you may not know is that G Loomis' Epeditor Service has changed as well. It used to be all you had to do was sent $50 dollars and they would replace the rod with no questions asked. Now you will have to pay $100.

A few weeks ago, I sent in a rod with a broken tip. I spoke with a rep who informed me of the change. Needless to say, I was not happy and felt the hefty price on the front end was why they were able to send a replacement for $50. The rep did tell me my original warranty was still in effect. They would look at it and if they could tell it was not the fault of the buyer they would either fix it or send back a new rod at no charge.

I sent my rod back and was pleasantly surprised to receive a new rod in just a few days at no charge. When the company is the one making the decision, I think you you're going to get the short end of the stick the majority of the time. This wasn't the case and for that I am grateful.

Hopefully Shimano will reconsider their policy and go back to the $50 Expeditor Service or at the very least give customers the benefit of the doubt like they did me. This could be a turning point in whether or not G Loomis will continue to flourish or their many loyal G Loomis customers will start looking for another brand who will better suit their needs.

For now, I think Shimano should be given the benefit of the doubt. However, if you were thinking about buying a G Loomis in the near future the increase in the Expeditor Service is an important factor you will want to consider.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I dont own on and from the policy they are implementing dont think I will.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend that broke one a couple months ago crappie fishing. He sent it in and in one 8 days had a brand new rod. I also broke a tip on one and had another that the reel seat wasnt in perfect alingment so I sent both. 13 days later I recieved 2 brand new rods in the mail no questions asked. So while I'm not saying their customer service is top self it has been great for the three of us.
    Fish like your hungry!