Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little fishing safety.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little fishing safety.

First let me say I have never had a boat leaking problem with my little tracker boat, hardly ever if ever pull the plug. well, yesterday I was cleaning out the boat from my last fishing trip, (monday) and the carpet seemed a bit damp, well I will pull it out side and let the wind and sun help dry same, so what the heck pull the plug and let the what little water may be in there out,;;;;; 5min later it finally quit running out, man I guess the pump or line froze sunday, and when Darrell and I went monday the old girl took on water, and I did not pull the plug at the staging area. guess I will from now on, 6 days that water sat in the boat, could have been a disaster, surprissed I did not blow a tire on the way home with that much extra weight, Moral Of the story, check it out eaven if you know it does not need checking. BE SAFE.

Post Thanks / Like

Dad gum Beagle i bet the old girl sat low in the water.You better get her fixed before she sinks on ya.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice Beagle. Winter can mean ruptured livewell hoses, bilge hoses, fittings, etc. Leave the lake with standing water in your bilge or livewell most likely break a pump or at the very least a fuse or pop a breaker. Been many a boat sink in winter weather from this type stuff.

Heard tell recently of a good fisherman whose boat froze to the trailer but am pretty sure someone stretched the truth a bit,,,,he's not that good a fisherman. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I just do not know what happened, it will be a day or two before I can check it out, I always drain the live well, and run the pump for a few seconds, but not sunday, crap, oh well light the heater in the barn, turn up the lights, and un load the back end and start checking i guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Some guys just never let go......... have had a few of them livewell hoses freeze and it ain't fun replacing them.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Good post, Michael. One can NEVER be too safe, especially in the winter with these frigid water temps. I was on my way back to BS ramp after fishing Hay Creek early last week. As I rounded the river bend at Pretty Bob I saw a helicopter hovering just over the water in front of the Knicely ramp. Then I noticed an ambulance on shore with it's lights flashing. The helicopter landed on shore at the ramp. I heard friday that an old boy had fallen in at the small quarry there at Pretty Bob. Was told he was in the water for at least 30 mins before anyone heard his crys for help. Another fisherman heard him and tossed him a rope but couldn't pull him to safety. Some bunny hunters were nearby and came and helped get him out of the water. He was a lucky one. Hypothermia kills a lot of people every year worldwide. BE SAFE OUT THERE!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

amen brother, it can and will get you, and I do not want anybody saying, well ole Michael died doing what he loved, nope dont want to die doing what I love, would rather live to be 100 and everybody saying man that old dude is a grouch, but man he could catch crappie. darnest thing he got shot trying to steal another mans catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Word's Out. When it's my time, I'll be fish'n. When I'm found, sit'n in my boat, don't worry bout me, I'm already gone. My fish'n partner decided, it was my time. Grab my rod cause there's a 3 pounder on the line. I've spent 40 years try'n to catch one now, Hope I get to spend another 40 try'n. By the way, Thank You, Lord.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm throwin' the BS flag there, Beagle....ain't no way you're stealing someone else's catch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast