Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain 1/8/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain 1/8/11

Met Catman at silo at 9:00. 10 degrees and windy. Went up Indian Creek out of wind
    and wasn't too bad. Catching was slowwww. What HE caught were fat nice fish and
    very heathy. What I caught were too thin to see. Was very nice to meet and visit with him. Thanks again Catman, we'll make it happen again. I'll let him tell how he
    caught the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

ben it was very nice to meet you and get a chance to fish with you. for never being a winter fisherman before i'd say you stuck it out very well on a cold and windy day, sometimes the wind is just too much. we probably only caught around 7 or 8 fish and really only found them about the time we were getting ready to go. the fish were 14 ft.deep in about 25 ft. of water, and were caught on red and chartreuse slab busters. other than just meeting a new fishin guy in ben the best part of my day was ben showing me how to use my new gps i got for christmas. i had tried it a couple times on the simulator and was absolutely lost. after reading the manual twice i still couldn't pull up marktwain lake, ben showed me how to do it. i'm not saying the manual is bad but my comprehension of it isn't so good. hope we can do it again ben, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

thinking about trying it again today, kinda worried about it being froze over though since it is 3 degrees now.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary it is warmer at lake, it is 7 here. LOL
    Ben

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure there wasn't a line at the boat ramp. Way to go, you caught some fish and learned a couple of things. I'd be afraid that your boat might be froze to your trailer today.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job guy's, way to bundle up and get after them.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Well fellas, you caught more fish than I saw geese yesterday...... if that tells you anything. But, as stubborn as most of us outdoorsmen are, I'm headed back out after them this afternoon.

Good job on the fish... us Twainers should meet up sometime.

U

Post Thanks / Like

well guess i should have known better, drove to twain again this morning only to find it iced up. it was open enough to launch but about 20 yards out it was all iced up. i'm sure it was probably fairly thin but just too cold to bust ice for a quarter mile or so. waisted a 110 mile round trip but not the first time. after this weeks forecast looks like thomas hill next weekend. good fishin all.

Post Thanks / Like

way to stick it out you guys , I am stuck watching the loosers bowl. and just wishin i was fishin, oh well maby next week late.congrats on the catch big or small.

Post Thanks / Like

good job you caught more than I did sitting at the house..........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast