Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A neat trick

Post Thanks / Like

Default A neat trick

Last summer I took out some children from Big Brothers and Big Sisters as I was fishing I noticed one of the kids taking some of my plastics out of my box. I asked what are you doing and he advised dipping your worms. I stated "WHAT"!!!!! The young boy had seen me dip the tail tips into the dye that I use and he wanted to help me out.... At the time I was bass fishing and was getting ready to rig for Crappies as we were getting into a hot area from my past. Note this area was very productive on the Red and Pearl {Blakemore Crappie Thunder Bodies} as I had only a few in the boat. Noting I had only one already rig for a fine day. The story is that the young boy was dipping my Thunder tips into Chartreuse dye and that he had dipped the whole supply that I had on the boat just knowing they were wasted. Let me tell you this I got skunked that day which I was using my plain body and this young boy was catching a very large limit using the dipped tails. From this time on I have been dipping the tips with the same color and it has been very productive for me. Just like the old saying "You CAN Teach Old Dogs NEW TRICKS" Take a child fishing you may learn something new....:rolleyes:
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Very true! Kids can catch fish on some of the darnest things, that you couldn't imagine of attracting a fish with. I have watched a kid playing with a shiney lure and letting the reflection reflect off of the water and had fish trying to grab the flash on the water.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Detective, what kind of die do you have? I mean where do you get it and what's it called?
    I've never seen it that I recall.
    How long does it last, and what colors can you get it in?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, Thanks for asking I use JJ's Magic and order it off the net from www.jjsmagic.com I only use the color of chartreuse as this dye has garlic in it. You only need to apply one application as others about every 20 cast. Please check out the site it will give you an edge. I have used this product on all types of plastics with great results. I have used this product threw out our Nation also up into Canada walleye fishing.... Good luck and please read the FAQ's on the site.
    Fish detective

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I need to tell you this on my Thunder Bodies I dye about 1/8 inch and they stand out like a neon sign.... I will say one thing the Crappie here in Indiana just love to eat them....

Fish Detective

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Good thread Fish Detective.
    How far does one bottle go, Should I get a few?
    FIN

Post Thanks / Like

FIN, one bottle will last a long time as you find out. Give it a try I think you will be happy. Please note it will give you an edge when the bite is slow. In your area you may want to adjust the height of the dye... Happy Fishing and take a Child Fishing.....

Fish Detective

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

FIN, on most of my Bass worms I tip the tail of the worm from 1/4-1/2 inch up with deadly results. As you know why go out and buy firetails when you can custom your own....

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Well Fish Detective, I hate to be part of a test group but after looking at your profile Capt., I'll give it a try.
    It won't be for a couple of months untill the weather gets a little warmer though. These old bones don't handle the cold very well.

I'm going to Fl. in March for sea trout though.
    I wonder if they like garlic.

One other thing.

Those look to be about 4 oz. bottles. Is that right?

Thanks
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, thanks for the return post I know you will like the dye. I wish you alot of luck on the sea trout. Now the bottle size that is a good question I think your right as a bottle will last me near 2 years I do not have my box near to give you an answer. I have tried other products and was not happy. Hey, one other thing your never toooooooo old to go fishing.

Fish Detective

Fish Detective

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast