Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie.Com Tournaments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie.Com Tournaments

Hello,

I had fun last year putting on the CDC tournaments, and I hope some of you members actually learned something about Truman Lake and Tournament Fishing. Maybe you even got to fish your first tournament. The cool thing about last year's tournaments is that, we had a different winner each time; meaning anyone can win and most important we all learned.

So let's try it again, there is a lot of work to do and Jigging 15 is hard at it; with coordination issues with Bucksaw and the Water Patrol. We will have some rule changes (same as last year but you can use minnows), this will help Bucksaw make a buck off of us, which they deserve to make something for allowing us to use their facility. Again this will be very low key, no pressure, fun fishing.

So here are the dates; we will follow up with times and locations, after all of that is figured out.

5/21
    6/18
    7/16
    8/20
    9/24
    10/22

Thanks, hope you can make it out this year.
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

I for one would be for considering a $2-3 fee per boat for Bucksaw, the minnow option is along that line but we all have the benefit of the facility, a roof, and no launch fee. I appreciate what they offer to the anglers. Thanks Kevin and Jared for the effort, will make all of them can pending work.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another great tournament series for low pressure & lots of laughs.:D I agree with Kaz on doing something for Bucksaw. Thanks Kevin & Jigging 15 for your hard work.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a blast last summer taking part in the one pole tourneys and, yes, we definitely learned a few things about crappie fishing in general and specifically Truman crappie fishing. And, certainly, I would be all for bucking up a little for the Bucksaw folks, they are fabulous. Thanks JT, you guys do a great job. The dates you have shown look good to me.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be more for keeping the rules the same and kicking in a buck or 2 from the entry for bucksaw. Especially since nobody is making money on the tournament except the entrants.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick refresher, what was the entry fee? Was it $25/person or boat? Can't seem to remember......

U

Post Thanks / Like

I like mduncan's idea of just taking a couple bucks per boat out of the prize money and giving it to Bucksaw, leaving the entry fee the same. I only got to fish in 2 of these last year, but I had a lot of fun and felt like I learned something, thanks to Jiggin Tournaments and Jiggin15 for taking this on again!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me. I think they should get a little something for the use of the facilities. However the majority feels is the best way to do that is fine with me. We're looking forward to doing these again, we had a blast last year.

Post Thanks / Like

I may try a few of them this year if you can use minnows, and I wouldn't be against a few bucks going to Bucksaw for use of their facilities. I know most of you all fish jigs only, but you may get a few more entries if you can use minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to try a few of these. What is the entry fee? I've never participated in these tourneys and am totally down for the experience. Just wanna know how much I need to rat hole.
    Proof is in the pictures. Top is nine and bottom is Slabbenstein!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast